Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tlbwriter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2008
I apologize if this has been posted before, but I couldn't think of a way to search that didn't turn up a zillion hits.

Yesterday I took my 3Gs to the Genius Bar to diagnose a phone issue (no outgoing audio on some phone calls). I used the internet a couple of hours before my appointment and had no problems. They ran some diagnostics and were unable to pinpoint a problem with my phone and suggested upgrading (duh), so I said thanks and went on my way. I noticed immediately afterward that I could not connect to the internet (either on 3G or wifi), but assumed it was a problem inside the mall, which occasionally happens. But I just noticed I still can't connect. It just churns and churns and nothing happens.

Now, obviously the best thing to do is march back to the Apple store, but that's an hour away. :rolleyes: Any ideas as to what might have happened? What should I check? What might they have accidentally disabled?

dtbratt

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2011
Amherstburg, ON
I apologize if this has been posted before, but I couldn't think of a way to search that didn't turn up a zillion hits.

Yesterday I took my 3Gs to the Genius Bar to diagnose a phone issue (no outgoing audio on some phone calls). I used the internet a couple of hours before my appointment and had no problems. They ran some diagnostics and were unable to pinpoint a problem with my phone and suggested upgrading (duh), so I said thanks and went on my way. I noticed immediately afterward that I could not connect to the internet (either on 3G or wifi), but assumed it was a problem inside the mall, which occasionally happens. But I just noticed I still can't connect. It just churns and churns and nothing happens.

Now, obviously the best thing to do is march back to the Apple store, but that's an hour away. :rolleyes: Any ideas as to what might have happened? What should I check? What might they have accidentally disabled?

Is the 3G Symbol next to your carrier name? Is your cell data turned off in network settings?

Or try what the previous person said.

tlbwriter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2008
A simple reboot seems to have fixed it. How embarrassing. :eek: Why do I never think to try that first? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.