No Internet on 2010 MBP Please Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NZed, Apr 29, 2011.

1. NZed, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011

NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Hey guys

I've been using my 13" 2010 MBP for about 5-6 months now. And the problem right now seems to be that i cant get internet connection. Im having this problem for about 4-6 weeks already while another mac bought at around the same time and its the same 13" 2010 MBP can connect while my network diagnostic shows that i cant reach the ISP, No Internet, and Cannot reach Server!

In my house there are about 3 computers online at the same time(all PC, one mac but rarely used). Each not doing anything much(no downloading just chatting facebook etc).

Well as i said, today my friend brought his 13" 2010 MBP to my house and at the same spot side by side at the same time, he got his connection while i didnt!

Im clueless right now.

What i've done is that i've inserted my OSX disc, repaired disk permission and tried using the ping utilities from the network utilities at the Utilities drop down menu. And all 10 pings got Request Timeout.

Should i do a clean install of OSX? Or is this hard ware problem since my Boot Camp partition Internet connection is the same as above?

BTW Im on 10.6.7

Please guys if anybody could help!

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I think there may be a problem with my wifi antennas since i just moved down to the room where the router is and internet now works, if i go back up stairs, it will fail again(5 bars!!!)

2. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

was the computer worked on internally? The airport cables may have been popped off of the airport card for a repair and accidentally not put back on, or they may have been damaged. Only reason I can think of for why it works in the room the router is in, but nowhere else.

where are you located?

3. dslrjunky macrumors regular

might be webkit issue on safari 5, I had the same issue from great connection to being drop intermittently I went to apple store and all they did was uninstall safari and reinstall

4. NZed thread starter macrumors 65816

NZed

No, the computer has never been opened! And I've never let anything happen to this MBP(no bumps, crashes)

In the house, I'm almost directly above the router! And i have to admit that around the router, theres a home phone(wireless) and it sits on top of a TV! But thats not the problem since my friend's MBP works and mine doesnt!

Ok thats what I'll try now! But I have to backup all my bookmarks first!

thanks for the replies!