No Internet on Windows 7 Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rrs72, Sep 30, 2011.

1. rrs72 macrumors newbie

I Bootcamped my 2011 MBP with Lion and successfully installed Windows 7 but am unable to connect to the internet. I can't seem to install the drivers to run any internet either. Any help is appreciated.

2. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Did you use one of those "lite" Win7 versions/variants ? incase you dont know they remove A LOT of drivers including such that you need . Solution ? safe the trouble and get a full copy or another "lite" edition with the drivers you need :)

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Go back into bootcamp and download all the necessary drivers to a usb!

4. rrs72 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where can I get the drivers? Through Bootcamp?

5. Chas36 macrumors newbie

I am having the same problems any help would be great,

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

has anyone figured this out? I'm having the same problem. I've read somewhere that you need the original install disc and it will install all the drivers, but I have lion, and that was downloaded, so I'm not sure how to get drivers on my windows partition. What can I do?

7. Sincci macrumors regular

You'll need to run the Bootcamp assistant (in OSX) and let it download the Windows drivers for you. After that you can copy them into some usb-stick or cd, reboot to Windows and run the installation program from that usb-stick/cd.

8. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Cool I'll try it out.

I figured this was what I needed to do, and for whatever reason, I opened BootCamp Assistant, but it just prompted me to intall Windows. But this time I was given the option to download Windows Updates... Not sure what happened. Thanks!