No internet when I install W7 on my mini

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Nikomanz, May 26, 2012.

1. Nikomanz macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Hello guys!

I have a windows 7 OS usb that I bought at a retail store, which would help me install windows 7 on my mini which has no disk drive.

I open bootcamp, i select all of the options, create the partition, install it, input the serial, everything works fine! But once I am done with the installation i run windows 7 and it shows that i have no internet! It tells me the drivers aren't installed of something of the sorts.

How do I successfully instal windows 7 with internet on my mini?

Thanks in advance!

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

If you fire up Boot Camp Assistant on OS X, you should have the option to download the Windows Support Software. These contain the drivers you need for you Mac's hardware to work with Windows. Downloaded them to a USB stick, boot into Windows and run the setup from the USB stick.

3. Nikomanz thread starter macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Ohhhh, so I download the support software to my personal usb, install windows with my windows usb, boot it and install the drivers from my personal usb right?

Makes sense!

4. kaielement macrumors 65816

Have you tried to reinstall the os. if that still don't work, you may have to find the drivers you need and install them. I am wondering if what you bought had all the drivers included which is weird because you would think it should lol.

5. Nikomanz thread starter macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Thats the same thing I was thinking, maybe I need to go back to the store and ask. But I'll try to find the drivers though.

6. kaielement macrumors 65816

Ye ask them and if it turns out it should have then you could get a replacement. Anyway good luck.