No Invitees In Calendar App

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by steiney, Mar 29, 2013.

1. steiney macrumors 6502

Hello all!

I use Siri to add appointments to the calendar app, which is synced with Google Calendar. It is so much easier using Siri when on the iPhone than having to enter all the info manually on the screen.

The problem is, when I mention someone's name in the title of the event, it automatically parses that bit into the "invitees" field. This wouldn't be a problem except that it causes Google Calendar to send an invitation to that person I mentioned.

Does anyone know of a way to turn off that functionality of the calendar app or of any work around for that? I googled the heck out of it and everything I found was "how to send invites" not "how to not send invites".

Any help is greatly appreciated!

steiney

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

There's a good bit of complaining on the interwebs about this. Search for "Siri auto invite" and see what folks are doing to avoid it. Mostly, they're altering their wording.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Why a new thread on this ?
    You already started one earlier.

4. steiney thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Brian. Wish I had thought of that search term when googling before posting. I can't believe there's no good solution for this problem yet. It's been a document issue for over a year now. Very un-like Apple, in my opinion.

dhlizard, I started this thread because the first one was posted in the iOS 6 section and got zero responses in almost 48 hours. The main iPhone section clearly has a much higher view rate.