Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayDH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Went to the Apple Store in Clarendon this morning around 7:30 for the 9am early iPad sale. Was about 30th in line and by 8:15 there were easily 100. Around that time the business manager came out, told us that she appreciated our time and the fact we were waiting in the cold, but that they had NO iPads. None. And they weren't expecting any today, either.

Maybe tomorrow?

ihazapple

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2008
Washington, DC
None in Georgetown either. The Apple employee said that they would be opening early again tomorrow, but he had no idea whether iPads would be in the shipment.

camelsnot

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2011
Went to the Apple Store in Clarendon this morning around 7:30 for the 9am early iPad sale. Was about 30th in line and by 8:15 there were easily 100. Around that time the business manager came out, told us that she appreciated our time and the fact we were waiting in the cold, but that they had NO iPads. None. And they weren't expecting any today, either.

Maybe tomorrow?

U call up Reston or Tysons? I got mine at Best Buy launch day. Target down the street had about 10. I also got a call on Sunday from the local Verizon store who promised to set one aside for me. I told him I already bought one. There are other options.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I just wasted $55 in cabs going to Westchester mall and Greenwich CT. No iPads at either store. This Tuesday crap is a bust!

Apple II

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
Thanks for posting the update. Had considered going down early but couldn't get moving. Sounds like that was a good thing.

DCNatFan

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Anybody have any updates on shipments to the DC area - thinking about heading to the Bethesda location this morning on my may to work.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

DCNatFan said:
Anybody have any updates on shipments to the DC area - thinking about heading to the Bethesda location this morning on my may to work.

At 5:30 there were 3 people in line at the Columbia store. Right now, 8 people. The employees didn't turn us away yet, so I'm guessing they have SOMETHING, just not sure what or how many.

jwright0

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anybody trying the Clarendon location this morning?

JayDH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
I ended up finding one on CL for a slight premium. I was tired of trying to stalk a shipment at the Apple Store and 5 weeks was too long for me to wait online. I'm impatient.

ihazapple

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2008
Washington, DC
Georgetown got about 60 -70 this morning (this was the first shipment I believe they recieved since the launch). The line was longer than that. They also had no AT&T models at all! The employee said that they will open at 9:00 again tomorrow. I would get there at least an hour early to be sure to be in the front part of the line if they even get a shipment.

DCNatFan

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Just came from the Bethesda location. When I arrived there were about 20-25 people in line and they had claim tickets in hand, apparently all tickets were given out at 7 am. As I understood it the only reason claim tickets were given this early was b/c 2 employees were 1st in line at the time.

Also heard no AT&T. Not sure when they expect more but said to call back later today.

Called Montgomery Mall and they said they have none.

jbrady3324

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2009
Did Clarendon have any this morning? I went yesterday and was going to go today but could not get out of bed

lukekb

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
Georgetown

The Georgetown store had a bunch. Got in line around 8:20 or so. They handed out tickets around 8:30. They didn't have any AT&T ones, but had White Verizon in 16, 32 & 64 and Black V in 32gb. They also had 16gb Wifi. There may have been about 50 total. The line didn't seem to bad and the tickets made the wait a lot better. They said they will be doing this every day except Sunday.

ragermac

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
Well, I got mine at Georgetown at launch, #50 in line with no problem. You cannot expect to show up at 4 or 5 and think you are going to get anything, or to even bother to show the next day.

I would just wait.

gankit

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
yeah, I'd love to be kept updated on this area ;) I called Montgomery Mall this afternoon and got the usual no answer :\

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.