No Iphone 4 Available!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Quasiperfectto, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Quasiperfectto macrumors member

Today I was interested in finally buying my iPhone 4. To my surprise no one has one available in South Florida. I called 5 different ATT stores, Best Buy, Apple stores at the area malls, Radio Shack, and even Walmart and no one has one. What's up with that? I think I'll settle in buying another smart phone all together. What other phone do you recommend? This is ridiculous about the iPhone 4!!!

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Shipping delays are still at about 3 weeks. You can order it online and wait or you can pick another phone. I figure within a month or so you'll be able to stroll in anywhere and buy one.

3. Stein357 macrumors 6502

I ordered mine on Apple.com and it came in about two weeks.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Why are you complaining about this again? Apple iPhone 4 is still a hot gadget for most of people. What did you expect...?

5. chembox macrumors 6502a

6. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Really? I got mine at the Galleria Apple store a couple weeks ago the day after putting my name on the priority list, and my dad got one there just walking in a few days later. Maybe supply has dwindled since then, but I'm sure they're getting shipments pretty frequently so I'd keep calling there, they definitely seemed to have to most supply in South FL when I was looking. GL!

7. chembox macrumors 6502a

The Galleria Apple store is quite huge! But it was dead empty when I went a few weekends ago.

8. Borja1055 macrumors regular

I live in Miami and was calling everyday all last week until finally they recieved a shipment on Friday. Call in the mornings and then again around 2.

9. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Put your name on the waiting list now that way
    You will have one while you try and find one.

You can cancel that order if you find one!

10. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

The best way to get one as soon as possible is to get on a waiting list at an Apple store.

11. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

That's surprising, it's always pretty buzzing when I've been there! I had to wait in line for an hour and a half for my iPhone, it was worth it though :D

12. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

if you are going or calling in the afternoon you will never find one, they are usually sold out after 1pm

13. Quasiperfectto thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the responses. I did call the Galleria Mall and they're also out of the iPhone 4. It appears that when I call whatever store about it, be it Apple, ATT or Best Buy, the customer service rep on the phone sounds bothered by the iPhone 4 availability question. Most of my morning and afternoon today, I searched and called. The iPhone 4 is not available in South Florida for immediate purchase. You have to wait in a long list for whenever Apple decides on delivery, that's when you'll get it. Someone also told me that this phone might have an antenna problem. Now I'm really having second thoughts. Can anyone here recommend another very good smart phone? Thanks!

14. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

Really?

15. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

lol :D

16. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

17. italeki macrumors regular

Why try Walmart?

I remember calling Walmart when I was trying to purchase an iPhone 4 and it was a waste of time. Yes, you have to "try" to purchase this specific phone. When I called Walmart, the customer service girl on the other line was rude. I could not understand her much, for she was speaking broken english in a shouting tone. I think the lingo was ebonics. Needless to say, I was able to get the iPhone 4 at a Radio Shack near my neighborhood.

18. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It's the weekend so I do not find it surprising that every store is out of the iPhone 4.

Last week, Monday through Friday, I was able to find at least two stores in my area that had iPhone 4s in stock, even an AT&T store had some.

Apple is no longer doing the reservations list so it's first come basis.

19. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sorry but if you really wanted the iPhone 4, I don't see what the big deal is about ordering it through the store. That is what I did, and only had to wait 6 days to get mine.

20. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

First question is what carrier do you want to be on.

If AT&T the Samsung Captivate is pretty good.

21. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Call the apple stores near you about 15-30 minutes before they open. I did that and they said they had a few in stock. I bolted to that apple store.

22. Love Juice macrumors regular

call the apple stores when they open. the two by me (tampa bay) get shipments in daily, but they don't know what they're going to get. they usually receive the shipments 10-11am.

i just called to be sure they had one then drove over :))

23. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

24. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

One person saying it does not make it true. :D

25. SPX macrumors member

That depends on the day... Sometimes, you will find that the Apple stores don't have any in stock in the morning, and in the afternoon, they have them in stock. Probably a call in the morning and if no stock another call around 2 PM if your best bet.