Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quasiperfectto

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Today I was interested in finally buying my iPhone 4. To my surprise no one has one available in South Florida. I called 5 different ATT stores, Best Buy, Apple stores at the area malls, Radio Shack, and even Walmart and no one has one. What's up with that? I think I'll settle in buying another smart phone all together. What other phone do you recommend? This is ridiculous about the iPhone 4!!!

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Shipping delays are still at about 3 weeks. You can order it online and wait or you can pick another phone. I figure within a month or so you'll be able to stroll in anywhere and buy one.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Why are you complaining about this again? Apple iPhone 4 is still a hot gadget for most of people. What did you expect...?

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Really? I got mine at the Galleria Apple store a couple weeks ago the day after putting my name on the priority list, and my dad got one there just walking in a few days later. Maybe supply has dwindled since then, but I'm sure they're getting shipments pretty frequently so I'd keep calling there, they definitely seemed to have to most supply in South FL when I was looking. GL!

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Really? I got mine at the Galleria Apple store a couple weeks ago the day after putting my name on the priority list, and my dad got one there just walking in a few days later. Maybe supply has dwindled since then, but I'm sure they're getting shipments pretty frequently so I'd keep calling there, they definitely seemed to have to most supply in South FL when I was looking. GL!
The Galleria Apple store is quite huge! But it was dead empty when I went a few weekends ago.

Borja1055

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Today I was interested in finally buying my iPhone 4. To my surprise no one has one available in South Florida. I called 5 different ATT stores, Best Buy, Apple stores at the area malls, Radio Shack, and even Walmart and no one has one. What's up with that? I think I'll settle in buying another smart phone all together. What other phone do you recommend? This is ridiculous about the iPhone 4!!!
I live in Miami and was calling everyday all last week until finally they recieved a shipment on Friday. Call in the mornings and then again around 2.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Put your name on the waiting list now that way
You will have one while you try and find one.

You can cancel that order if you find one!

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA

The best way to get one as soon as possible is to get on a waiting list at an Apple store.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
The Galleria Apple store is quite huge! But it was dead empty when I went a few weekends ago.

That's surprising, it's always pretty buzzing when I've been there! I had to wait in line for an hour and a half for my iPhone, it was worth it though :D

Quasiperfectto

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Thank you for the responses. I did call the Galleria Mall and they're also out of the iPhone 4. It appears that when I call whatever store about it, be it Apple, ATT or Best Buy, the customer service rep on the phone sounds bothered by the iPhone 4 availability question. Most of my morning and afternoon today, I searched and called. The iPhone 4 is not available in South Florida for immediate purchase. You have to wait in a long list for whenever Apple decides on delivery, that's when you'll get it. Someone also told me that this phone might have an antenna problem. Now I'm really having second thoughts. Can anyone here recommend another very good smart phone? Thanks!

italeki

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2010
Why try Walmart?

I remember calling Walmart when I was trying to purchase an iPhone 4 and it was a waste of time. Yes, you have to "try" to purchase this specific phone. When I called Walmart, the customer service girl on the other line was rude. I could not understand her much, for she was speaking broken english in a shouting tone. I think the lingo was ebonics. Needless to say, I was able to get the iPhone 4 at a Radio Shack near my neighborhood.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
It's the weekend so I do not find it surprising that every store is out of the iPhone 4.

Last week, Monday through Friday, I was able to find at least two stores in my area that had iPhone 4s in stock, even an AT&T store had some.

Apple is no longer doing the reservations list so it's first come basis.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sorry but if you really wanted the iPhone 4, I don't see what the big deal is about ordering it through the store. That is what I did, and only had to wait 6 days to get mine.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Thank you for the responses. I did call the Galleria Mall and they're also out of the iPhone 4. It appears that when I call whatever store about it, be it Apple, ATT or Best Buy, the customer service rep on the phone sounds bothered by the iPhone 4 availability question. Most of my morning and afternoon today, I searched and called. The iPhone 4 is not available in South Florida for immediate purchase. You have to wait in a long list for whenever Apple decides on delivery, that's when you'll get it. Someone also told me that this phone might have an antenna problem. Now I'm really having second thoughts. Can anyone here recommend another very good smart phone? Thanks!
First question is what carrier do you want to be on.

If AT&T the Samsung Captivate is pretty good.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Call the apple stores near you about 15-30 minutes before they open. I did that and they said they had a few in stock. I bolted to that apple store.

Love Juice

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
call the apple stores when they open. the two by me (tampa bay) get shipments in daily, but they don't know what they're going to get. they usually receive the shipments 10-11am.

i just called to be sure they had one then drove over :))

SPX

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
if you are going or calling in the afternoon you will never find one, they are usually sold out after 1pm

That depends on the day... Sometimes, you will find that the Apple stores don't have any in stock in the morning, and in the afternoon, they have them in stock. Probably a call in the morning and if no stock another call around 2 PM if your best bet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.