Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
How did I miss that???
I even told the guy in the store this morning while signing up for my account on my new iPhone 4 that I wanted to tethering to tether to my iPad (which was in my hand because I was using it while I waited in line). He said that is fine and he would sign me up for the tethering option but I would have to pass up the unlimited data extension for the iPhone. I said fine. But now that I sit down to test the tethering I find out all over the internet that there is no way to tether the iPhone 4 internet to the iPad (wifi model).

So what should I do?

A) call ATT get the unlimited data back and drop tethering and watch my dreams die away.
B) jailbreak (havent ever really wanted to do this) and get the mywi app.
C) say F-U apple and take back the iPhone and get a Droid Incredible (which has wifi tethering).
D) (almost) All of the above. Unlimited data, jailbreak, and F-U to apple and ATT!

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Don't ask for unlimited back. You won't get it. Just reactivate your number on an iPhone 2G and re-grandfather yourself. Then upgrade to the iPhone 4 and get the unlimited again.

Then, jailbreak your iPhone 4 (is that possible yet?) and toss MyWi.

This is one of the reasons I grabbed an iPad 3G. I kinda figured tethering won't be an option, so I'll toss the microSIM card back and forth between the devices.

At least I'll be able to FaceTime when my jailbroken iPad 3G is broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.