No iPhone 5 this year??? You surprised???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ectlu93, Jun 10, 2011.

1. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

Im not to be honest with you. The iPhone 4 is such a masterpiece of modern day technology, that they might need a little more time to top that!!! What do yall think AppleNation!!!!

:cool::cool::cool:

2. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I could easily use the iPhone 4 for another year, and I plan to do so! I just want iOS 5 to come out soon. (Hopefully early September)

Am I surprised? Not really. Apple hasn't even saturated the market yet with the current iPhone.

3. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

It'll probably come out a few days after the new OS.
    Just like last year.
    And the year before.
    And the year before.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Not surprised, seeing as all signs have been pointing towards a September release (at the earliest) for months now.

5. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

Not surprised. I didn't see a huge hardware overhaul coming this year. I figured it might be something like the 3G to 3GS. If that's the case, I will be fine keeping my 4 for another year.

6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

It will probably come September I think when iOS5 is released.
    And by the way OP, what's with all the ??????? and !!!!!!!!! :cool:

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

whether its called iphone 5, iphone 4g, iphone 4s, or by any other name.. its the fifth iteration of iphone, and will always be the fifth. no one said it cant come out this year. i personally feel that it will come out along with ios 5..

8. kppolich macrumors 6502

kppolich

I'd rather wait a little longer and have all of the possible new features then have a new model available now that is missing things. Reason: so I don't have to hear anyone say how far the next iphone is going to be 'behind android' blah blah blah

9. iKennett macrumors 6502

Apple probably felt that the Verizon iPhone would give them an extra sales boost, plus the iPad 2 and hell even iOS5 so they could get away with stretching the iPhone 4 out even longer.

10. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

There will be an iPhone 5 this year, and all this time Apple is taking to make it, should make this upgrade another great one.

The iPhone 4 is nice, but it isn't the best design Apple can get out of it. Let's not get to the antennagate issue.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

No. The iPhone 4 is good, but not good enough to go 2 years without an update. The iPhone 5 will likely be announced in September at the same time as the annual iPod refresh.

12. adztaylor macrumors 68000

As been said it's more than likely the new iPhone will be released whenever iOS 5 is ready for the public. So yes there will be one this year.

13. kre62 macrumors 68000

Wow, yeah lets hope its like the 3G to 3GS. That was the biggest update to the iPhone to date. The next generation processor in the 3GS has been able to do everything the 4 can. If the next iPhone has nothing other than the next gen dual core processor, it'll be a huge, massive upgrade. Lets hope.

14. kppolich macrumors 6502

kppolich

Hopefully it is worth the wait like years before :D

15. rovex macrumors 65816

I wonder what the odds are of OLED making its way this year, would certainly be worth the upgrade alone.

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yet it is not coming out in June/July like the year before
    And the year before
    And the year before

17. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

I think that the iPhone 4 is a turd, that the iPhone 5 is coming in September, and that the updates will be more substantial than an 8 mp camera and the A5 processor.

18. outlawarth macrumors regular

There will be a new iPhone this year, of that you can be certain.

19. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

My guess is that it is very likely there will be a Fall release of the next generation of the iPhone. That would match up the new features of IOS 5 with the new phone.
    I've often wondered about the summer release timing of previous iPhones. Fall- in time for the holiday buying season- just seems to make more sense.

20. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

really makes me wonder what Apple has been doing for the last year (and the next several months). iOS 5 sure as heck doesn't look like it's got a year under it's belt and what kind of phone upgrade can we expect after 16 months?

They said Apple had been working on the iPhone 4 development for 18 months and that was a complete redesign from the ground up. Does Apple need 16 months to throw in another processor and better camera?

21. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just want led notification light. I'm up for an upgrade in July so I'll be getting it either way.

22. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

They've been working on lion. And what's stopping apple from slowing down a little.

23. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

Apple needs to release one this year

Apple cannot coast on the iphone 4 for much longer. People will really start to buy that galaxy S 2 rather then buying a piece of hardware that is already a year old. And I believe it is fair to say that with the rate smart phones are evolving a year from now the iPhone 4 will look like a snail.

24. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Not really. Hardware doesn't make the phone. Software does. Most people want a capable phone that's smooth and just works. Android is still too buggy. Apple has done a great job of marketing and making their products easy to use and simple. This is what draws consumers in.

Android isn't refine enough to compete against Apple. Each year Apple takes more and more market share, and until Google or RIM does something it will continue to go that way. In fact, I hope Google and RIM does something because the only thing pushing Apple right now is Apple. That's not good for the consumer.

25. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

They are still trying to work out the antenna problems.