No iPhone 5 this year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theking79, Sep 19, 2011.

1. theking79 macrumors 6502

2. macinnv macrumors regular

Its entirely possible, we havent seen a lot of parts/leaks for the 5. We have seen a lot of parts that coincide with the release of an improved version of the 4.

3. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yikes. For the first time in a lOng time, I may hold on to a phone for more than 6 months....we will see

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You haven't been on the MR Front page then ;)

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Man, I know, I hate when companies don't base product releases off my schedule.

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Sssshhhhhh! Don't say that!

Your schedule?!? I thought Apple was going by my schedule! That cheating scumbag!

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Is It Safe To Say There Will Be No iPhone 5?

In past iPhone releases, there have been leaks of internals and even as the iPhone became more popular, leaks of the entire prototype device.

Seeing as there have been zero leaks in regards to any hardware of the iPhone 5, and there have been no references of a future iPhone in iOS (aside from the iPhone "4S"), I think it's safe to say that all we will be getting is an iPhone 4S:

A5 (definite)
    More Ram (probable, if it's an "S" model)
    World Phone (GSM & CDMA in one package) [Not confirmed, but rumored a lot]
    Beefed Graphics (probable, if it's an "S" model)
    Better Battery? (probable, as leaked hardware hints at a slightly larger and modified battery)
    8MP Camera with potential improved flash (Not confirmed, but rumored a lot)

Either that, or Apple miraculously was able to keep leaks from occurring for the first time ever in iPhone history (likely impossible, even for Apple). Or, the iPhone 5 will ship weeks/month from now as it hasn't begun production, thus no hardware is out in the wild. However, I find that this would be detrimental to their sales model if they announce a product weeks/months before sales, as they would be competing against their own phones. That said, they would hold off on the iPhone 5, which if not announced alongside the iPhone 4S, would be released in 2012.

8. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Stopped reading after this...

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

This is a rumors website. More often than not, everything that is posted is "analysts" (or people like you and I, who more or less have received credibility not through accuracy but through a reputation of their annual income) combining evidence of factual leaks into feasible outlooks.

Be angry all you want that with the new iPhones being unveiled any day now, and there is no smudge of evidence of anything other than an iPhone 4S, but don't troll my threads.

10. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

With hundreds of similar "what if" threads that you could have already posted on, you're the troll for making yet another one.

11. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

12. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I think therefore I…derrp…

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

They can call it the iWalkieTalkie for all I care
    What difference does the name make?

Next iPhone > iPhone 4, whatever the name is

14. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

That's true ... but I think people are doing the following in terms of nomenclature;

iPhone 4S (basically the same iPhone package but slightly bumped specs)
    iPhone 5 (redesigned chassis with bumped specs and some other new features like capacitive home button, ect.)

Either way I'll buy it but I'm curious.

15. aluren macrumors 65816

It's plausible that it'll only be the 4S. Anyone and everyone's opinions on the next iPhone is correct/wrong until Apple formally announces it. But I tend to agree with the OP, as all hard evidence (parts) leads to a 4S, and less definitive ones like a new case says otherwise. It could be Apple purposely leading us to believe it's a 4S and then surprise us with the 5. Who knows...

16. kre62 macrumors 68000

"Slightly bumped" specs. Lol. I bet you think the 3GS and the 3G are similar too.

If you have an old laptop, I'd be glad to put it in a new case and sell it to you as new. Internals are everything.

17. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Well, it certainly is for a COMPUTER, and it might have also been for a very slow 3G, but my iPhone 4 is fast enough at the moment. I don't really see the need for additional speed except for top tiered games not even developed yet. So no, internals are not everything in this case. What most of us want is the OTHER things that are even more important - with a larger screen being the tops, and more capacity. Thse things are important almost every time I use my phone.

Tony

18. BowTheMan89 macrumors regular

all these photos make the lack there of for the 5 too hard to ignore. :( though i should have more faith in apple

19. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Broski, it's just a phone, I used to be like you guys who were desperate for the next iPhone...but then, I found a girl...who later became my girlfriend...and I got some...

My point is that you and among other broskis need a distraction...preferably a girl to hang out with and see where that leads to...

Once girl is in place, you will forget about the next iPhone and when it gets here, it'll be a surprise :)

20. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

21. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

:D

You have my respects

22. Exhumed macrumors member

He's right, now that you're a Junior and you're hitting it off with that cute freshman who always draws manga during second period English, soon you too can become obsessed with your first girlfriends, and stop worrying about phones.

23. aluren macrumors 65816

And then you ended up having a long-term relationship with her (3+ years), then you'll be so bored or annoyed that you'll end up trolling back to these forums.

24. labman macrumors 604

labman