No iPhone 6 Plus at Apple Store or AT&T Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobioden, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I had the day off so thought I would get in line this morning at the Apple Store with hopes of picking up a 64g Space Gray 6 Plus. About 10 people in line at 9a, with the store opening at 10. At 9:10 a Apple Sales clerk came out and said she would not know what phones were available until 10 when the store opened. In the meantime AT&T store opens at 9, so I called them to see what their status was on the 6 Plus. They didn't have any, and haven't had any. She also said she had no idea when any would be arriving.

9:45, Apple rep comes out and says no 6 Plus. I asked if they had been getting any, and she said she also hadn't seen any, except for the in-store pickup sales.
    By then the line was up to 40 and once she said no 6 Plus, everyone but 3 people left.

I knew they were in big demand, but thought they were al least getting a few per day.

How long do you think it will be before they start receiving them. Couple weeks, month or so???

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

dang, people are still waiting in lines first thing in the AM? wouldn't it be better to order online and arrange for pickup? seems they hold those before selling to the ones who didn't order.

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Probably be a few weeks before you can walk in and pick up a Plus.

4. Bobioden, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I would love to do that but am using an AT&T family upgrade transfer, so need to do it in the store, plus trading in my 5s.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

I think the September 25(?) other markets launch will keep the constraints going for just a few more weeks.

6. Carolina blue macrumors member

I was at the apple store in Greensboro, NC and there was 20 some people ahead of me at store opening and after about 15 minutes they came outside and announced to the line that they had just sold out of all 6+'s but had plenty of 6's. He said that since launch they have received several 6+'s daily except for one day when they didn't get any in but he didn't say which day that was. So if you want an iphone you might want to get to the apple store about an hour or so before opening because they are still selling them to people in line before they show up in online in the reservations.

7. TechnicallyTee macrumors 68000

TechnicallyTee

Haha Greensboro!!! Nice I lived there for years while in college.

I just went to Lenox Mall in Atlanta and there was a line waiting. I was going in there to try and get a 6 on my lunch break but I didnt have the time to wait in the line. I might try back when I get off at 5 but im sure it would be sold out by then....Still worth the ride there and asking.

8. thisdj78 macrumors 6502

Funny, I just called my local AT&T store on a whim: 1 months before they get anymore 6+

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I think the 6+ will be like the Gold last year. Really not easily available till 2 months or so after launch..

10. EcuadorianMami macrumors regular

i did not get the option to pick up with my apple online order...i had a chat with them and they told it is because they are not available in my area so i assume at this point nobody at least in the Socal area can get one unless you wait until the end of october...