No iPhone 6's in stock in stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trlyka, Nov 13, 2014.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I was hoping to get my iPhone 6 tomorrow. I want the 64 GB. I called 2 local AT&T stores and there are no 6's at all. Is this normal being that this phone has been available for a couple of months? I haven't called the Apple Store yet but I was hoping to not have to travel there. Looks like I'll have to order and wait :(

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

apple had stock last week but not too much this week. i think they are transferring from air shipments to sea shipments and there might be a wait until the ships start to arrive and unload

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Even with in store stock last week, there were still long lines at the Apple store by me, and supply was limited. I had two phones on order and was hoping to be able to just pick them up instead since I was there for something else; not a chance.

Check sites like istocknow.com to see what's available in your area. You may get lucky. If not, the 6/64 is pretty much on a 7-10 business day turnaround from Apple regardless of color or carrier. It's not a bad wait.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

+1 on istocknow.com -- also note that stores tend to restock online available in waves in the 15-30 minutes after 11am, 2pm, 7pm, and 2am Eastern. Not always, not everything, varies a lot in numbers and types, but that's the general tendency.

The 7-10 business day is conservative. I ordered my 6/64 on 21 October and it was in my hands on 28 October.

5. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I heard from both AT&T reps that my plan will change with a new contract? That it will possibly go up in price. They were pushing the next plan too, so maybe that's why they said it would go up? They said I get a discount on my service with the next plan. I don't want to do the next plan. It costs more for the phone and I think my current plan is as low as it can go....

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I was really hoping it was conservative for me too...but no dice. :( Ordered two on the 30th; one shipped on business day 7 and arrives today, one shipped on business day 9 and arrives Tuesday. (We're on the west coast.) So it's probably best to assume it will take the full amount of time.

7. nanoweewee macrumors newbie

I don't know why the rep said that but my plan didn't change after the upgrade. I ordered from att first and cancelled after a few days because my local Apple stores have the 6 available to pick up right away. There was a line when I picked up the phone but everyone before me was able to buy one. Not sure what model though.

8. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I'll call Apple and see if they have them. Although they usually don't say over the phone.

9. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

it's crazy how much i want the iphone. it's like i'm a zombie

10. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

11. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

I haven't seen any available in my area all week so I just ordered through AT&T. Estimate is 7-14 days for a space grey 64GB.

12. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

you don't have to change plans, but it may be more beneficial to you. i had an old 450 minute/200 text/2GB data plan. i ended up going with unlimited talk and text and 2GB data for basically the same price. also remember that if you go on next, they take $15 a month off your bill on these shared plans.

13. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Wait the week of Thanksgiving or even the week after, there should be plenty.

14. baller1308 macrumors 65816

I too used istocknow and was able to get an iPhone. Went to the store and just reserved it during lunch. Line was pretty long to get it set up. Went after work and the wait was about 30m, down from 1.5 hours.

They should have an express line for those that just want to get the iPhone activated. I don't need the run down of all the new things, backing up my data, transferring my data, etc. Without all of that, after I was finally setup with an Apple Employee, I was out of the store in less than 5m.

15. goshgeegolly macrumors newbie

I picked up a 6 16gb today. If I'd have had the option to get a 64 I'd have mostly would have.
    The salesperson at Apple seemed tired that there was no good inventory to offer customers and that the lines were building each and every day.

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

Good info, sorry its taking so long. Good luck!

17. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I have the same plan as you with 2 phones. I pay around $93/mo with tax. I also get a FAN discount. Would I still get 15 off for each phone or just the main line?

18. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i have two lines also. i only got the discount on the main line, then again, only one phone is on next so who knows.

19. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

I ordered a 6 plus same time as my GF. Mine arrived one week later and she has to wait till next month. 3 months total! The only difference was hers was gold, mine silver!

20. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

If I purchase an iPhone via apples website, the only way to do it is to buy add a line etc. Can I do that then when I get to the apple store tell them to cancel the order and then ask to pay full retail?

21. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

And if you are doing a family plan and getting at least 10GB of shared data that $15 discount jumps to $25 per line. It actually lowered my bill to add my wife and I laws to my.pakn and switch to Next. My bill was $78 a month for myself and now averages out to around $60 per line(4 lines total). Verizon gave us a higher quote for just three lines than AT&T for 4, as I would have stayed on AT&T.

I did not expect to come out cheaper on Next.