Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
if someone walks in behind me, there will be an iPhone 7 plus matte black 32gb available. somehow i got 2 reservations, only need one.
Have you thought about buying both and selling the extra on Swappa?

I thought the black was only available in 128GB.

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
USA
Just got off the phone with my local Apple Store. They do have Plus models, but told me they obviously go to reservations first. However, he seemed to think they have more than what's reserved.

Reactions: randalblanken

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Spoke to an ATT level 2 supervisor about a billing issue and we began talking about the preorder. She had only been involved in the last 4 preorders and this one was supposed to be the softest of them all, but she told me that they sold 10 million phones so far on launch and expect to sell 20+ million in the next month. She said it's been the busiest preorder they've ever had. Her sister works for T-Mobile and she told her it was by far the busiest T-Mobile iPhone prelaunch ever. Weird. A phone nobody wanted. She also said there will be very little, if any, in store stock. One large store in a big urban area reported getting 5 iPhone 7's, all silver 32gb. No pluses at all. She said she had never seen anything like this.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Spoke to an ATT level 2 supervisor about a billing issue and we began talking about the preorder. She had only been involved in the last 4 preorders and this one was supposed to be the softest of them all, but she told me that they sold 10 million phones so far on launch and expect to sell 20+ million in the next month. She said it's been the busiest preorder they've ever had. Her sister works for T-Mobile and she told her it was by far the busiest T-Mobile iPhone prelaunch ever. Weird. A phone nobody wanted.
In retrospect it makes sense. The iPhone 6 launch quarter was the biggest ever for Apple and now many of those customers are upgrading 2 year old phones. Sure, it doesn't look much different, but it's got a much better camera, better performance, better battery life, as well as some new color options. Plus the Samsung Note 7 issue couldn't have hurt matters. On top of that, the carrier trade-in offers had to have helped.

I wonder what this means for the rumored iPhone 8 next year. The 6s had a smaller launch quarter, but the next iPhone might have a significant design change that spurs early upgrades like the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus did in 2014.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I went to my local Verizon Corp Store and talked to the Manager of the Store and he said they are getting +'s and regular 7s does not know the quantity and what color or sizes. He said they were expecting a shipment latter on in the day. I went right as they opened. So I think I may line up there.

court

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2005
Went to my local AT&T store at 6:50am. They told us there are no pluses. I rushed over to another store & was 24th in line. They had 20 pluses in store and handed out tickets. No black ones at all, 1 silver, a few gold and the rest in rose gold. So glad I went this morning. Also, for those of you with pre-orders...I had one and he was able to cancel it on the spot. They said that was a new "button" they added to the employee site over the last update of their systems. Just wanted to update everyone that there is hope. I think it's just a toss-up whether or not stores will get the pluses...no rhyme or reason as to which ones.

Mansu944

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
I got mine and my wife got hers at an AT&T store in NorCal. People who thought stores wouldn't have any were wrong as usual. I love my 7+ already.

Mrtuba2000

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
I just got back from a Verizon corporate store. The manager said all of California Verizon stores did not receive a plus model or jet black. He did say they had plenty of stock of other colors in 7.

Not sure the truth of that or not.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I showed up 5hrs before opening...other people less than an hour. I got 7+, 32gb Silver. they had 128gb pink & gold and one 7 JB 128gb
[doublepost=1474058236][/doublepost]

I figured the phone. But 7+, 32gb, Silver
Wife, 7, 32gb Pink

Nice and congrats! It sounds like it was a jungle out there today so I'm happy to see people getting what they wanted. :)

Reactions: Mansu944

weesy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Any idea if carrier stores will be getting more stock for tomorrow (Saturday)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.