No iPhone bud replacement policy online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattyMac, Nov 12, 2007.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

My iPhone earbud clicker button is no longer working and the rubber is starting to come off around one of the buds. After searching for an online service request for a replacement similar to iPods easy earbud replacement, I was disappointed because there is none.

I've done this with my iPod and in was so convenient. They simply expedited me a new pair and I immediately sent my old defective ones back.

I'm sure if I call applecare they will gladly replace them for me, but it is surprising that they don't have an iPhone option under the iPod headphone service request form.

Did anyone else experience this problem or find a solution that I missed?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

My left ear piece stopped working randomly. I just called Apple and they sent out a new pair...easy as that.

3. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah I know if you call you'll probably get it no problem. Its just a pain to get through sometimes and takes a bit of time. I'll most likely call tomorrow.

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything online.

4. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I noticed this as well. The same bud that is on the string with the button now cuts out. I really don't feel like calling yet...

5. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Agreed...for some reason, calling can be so difficult. I still haven't gotten around to it.

6. dt1611 macrumors newbie

dt1611

Sooooo Easy

it simple...I have replaced mine three times. I just walk into the Apple store and tell them my clicker stopped working. They know its a problem. They have a huge box in the back, ready to just give out

7. showtime macrumors 6502

My earphones broke as well. Do they need your serial number or phone number or anything? My iPhone's unlocked so I wouldn't want them to look up my number and see that it's not on their record or something.

8. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Having to travel to an apple store takes even more time :)

...unless you're "in the area"

9. ripkord macrumors 6502

if you lived in ther UK i would have gladly sent you mines! cant imagine why anyone would want to inflict their music on anyone else with those tinny mini-speakers!

10. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Thank you...that is a very nice thought. However, I'm going to give apple a call and get a replacement.

11. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I finally got "un-lazy" and ordered a replacement set from apple. It only took approximately 20 minutes of my time :)

...much more convenient than driving to an apple store.