No iPhone for me...... Unfortunately

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by warnett, Jun 17, 2008.

1. warnett macrumors newbie

I really want an iPhone. I patiently waited for my T-Mobile contract to expire and was poised to get in line July 11th and pick an iPhone up for my wife and I. We were totally committed until T-Mobile announced their new unlimited family plan. For those of you that don't know, you can get two lines with unlimited calling and unlimited text messages for $149/month. For the same thing on AT&T I believe you will pay $230/month. Add the data for two lines and switching to AT&T would cost $290/month compared to $190/month on T-Mobile with 2 lines of data. Is any phone worth an extra $100/month? Anyone else in the same boat? Will you pay it?

FYI, my wife and I both have Blackberry's, use data plans, a lot of text messages and a ton of minutes. We have eliminated our home phone and I use my cell phone as my primary phone for work. I travel a lot.

2. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

If you really want one, you can get an unlocked 2G iphone (1st gen) ..and use it wit T-mobile.. ;)

3. warnett thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought about buying a 1st gen. iPhone and unlocking it but I was really looking forward to GPS, visual voice mail and 3G. I'd also be worried when I try to upgrade to V2 Apple will find a way to brick it.

I wish AT&T wasn't so expensive. I can afford to pay the extra amount, it's just hard to justify. Every 3 months I could buy a new iPod Touch with the savings if I stick with T-Mobile.

4. alejovh1 macrumors regular

Warnett, if you buy the iphone you will not regret it! I didn't "want" one until september of 07 and now there is no way I could go back to a regular phone or BB.:D