No iPhone for you!!! :: A sad refurb iPhone 4 story

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by okwhatev, Oct 26, 2010.

1. okwhatev macrumors 6502

So I bought an iPhone 4 Refurb from AT&T yesterday.. and they promised shipping in 2 days. Today I call them to check on the order and they say they're out of stock and it could be as soon as a week or as long as 3 months before they get any more. But.... get this... they fully charged me... not an authorization but fully depleted the funds from my bank. Cancelling the order will take 5-7 days for the funds to go back into my account and I literally saved for months enough extra cash to make this purchase and now I have NO phone (it was replacing a busted 3GS I used on tmobile) and NO way of just going into an Apple Store and buying one because they're holding my money ransom! Is this even legal?

I'm so, so, so angry!! :mad:

2. guy123456 macrumors newbie

apple/att sells refurbs?? WHERE and what price

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

The, "as long as three months" line is to keep you from calling them everyday asking. You'll probably have your phone faster than you would a refund- by the end of this week or early next.

Be hopeful! It's AT&T. They will treat you right.

4. blazer deli macrumors newbie

Wow, I got lucky then. Placed my order for the refurb on Sunday and it shipped on Monday. I have a tracking number. Hate to rub it in.

5. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

6. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

cool response bro

7. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Damn, my filter on posts starting with "So" appears to be broken again... :(

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I thought that a refurbished iPhone's sold by AT&T had to be sign-up for a 2 year contract w/ AT&T :confused:
    so how where you going to use it on T-Mobile? cancel and pay ETF for it?

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

He said his busted 3GS was on t-mobile.

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Yes, which is why I asked since he bought a refurbished iPhone 4 from AT&T to replace his busted 3GS that TS uses on T-mobile. I assume he bought the refurbished iPhone 4 to use in T-mobile since he doesn't tell us that he wants to change carries...

11. okwhatev thread starter macrumors 6502

I got it 8 days later. Sucked to wait, but I did get it. The refurb was in perfect, like-new condition (and I'm totally anal about little imperfections) so I'd guess it goes through the same procedure as a refurb iPod with all-new exterior parts and just used insides. The phone is, of course, awesome, and I don't even mind paying the outrageous AT&T monthly fees because I love the phone that much. Despite my unfortunate experience with having to wait, I would fully recommend buying a refurb iPhone 4 at $149. You just can't beat the price, and it's so awesome for what is basically a brand new phone with a full year Apple warranty.

I'm also on a tethered jailbreak running 4.2.1 and all is well. I love AirPrint and AirPlay... so cool!

12. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Good to hear it worked out for you.

I"ve always been amazed at how they can take the money from you instantly but it takes over a week to give it back. Yet know full well they can give it back just as fast as they took it, but make you wait.

Tells me their greed extends beyond their ethics.

But...good for you!