No iPhone for you! Experian says so...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cornopaez, Jul 1, 2008.

1. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

So, good thing to go and do the credit check; According to the guy at the At&T Store, my credit is no good when it comes to open a new account with AT&T for the iPhone. A nice $1000 dollar deposit is required to be able to enjoy the good sweetness of the new toy.

I guess my credit has seen better days... ouch. :(

2. Requiemm macrumors regular

Ouch!!!

Thank god our new family account will be going under my wife's name. She's got the good credit.

3. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

OMG. Thats my rent money lol. Try to get on a fam plan or something like that. Hopefully, they have better credit than you do :)

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well, on the one hand it seems to me that if you openly admit that your credit has seen better days perhaps you should be spending your cash on bills. On the other hand, if you had that much cash to give as a deposit then maybe money isn't your problem. Can you get the $1000 back after you pay in good faith every month for a certain number of months?

Long term you should work on cleaning your credit up. But I guess you don't need me to tell you that. ;)

5. touchyphone macrumors regular

May I ask what exactly your score was?? Or round about where it was, just curious, I have a high number, my girl, not so high, I may have to family plan on my account for her....

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Whew! :eek:
    Better to save the $299 and pay off some credit cards with it. :D

7. cornopaez thread starter macrumors regular

cornopaez

Well, I have been spending my cash on bills... and money is a problem. The funny thing is that less than a month ago I got satellite and internet, both of which require a credit check and both installations where free due to a good credit score. Both of them gave me big discounts on the monthly service too.

On the other hand, I did have an issue with qwest sometime ago; they did not process the modem I sent back on time (it took them like 2 and a half months) and the balance in the account went to collection, even though the balance was $4.67.

To clean up my credit is my goal!

8. cornopaez thread starter macrumors regular

cornopaez

You know, I have no clue. I have a daily report of activity but it doesn't give me the score. I'll have to wait for the quarterly report for that. I guess it's really low... REALLY low.

9. touchyphone macrumors regular

I'd say if your above 620 on your credit you're good to go, I may be wrong, but that is an okay number, not great at all, fair probably, but still that is a reasonable score. I wonder what the cut off is, anyone know?

10. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Maybe you should just wait to see if they offer a "buy for $400 extra and pre-pay" service. $400 is cheaper than $1000 :)