No iPhone notifications when using Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sbharj, Oct 8, 2015.

1. sbharj macrumors member

I posted this in the iPhone forum as i thought i had a problem with the phone, but I've since realised that it only occurs when using :apple:Watch:

When :apple:Watch is on (my wrist) i don't get any notification sounds for iMessage, WhatsApp and Calendar on my iPhone, i only get them on my :apple:watch. (i am using Watch OS2 and iOS 9.0.2 on a 6S Plus).

Has anyone else noticed this?? Is this a new feature of Watch OS2, and if so how do I turn it off?

I have tried resetting and restoring both and setting up from new and it's still happening! Please help!

2. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    That's kind of the point of the watch; you get the notification on your wrist rather than the phone.
    The only thing I feel on my phone is when I receive a call (but I chose this)

3. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

It would defeat the purpose of the watch but you could put it in airplane mode. Your messages would alert you on your phone since the watch would not be visible to the phone. I don't think that's what you want though.

4. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

If you get a notification on your watch and ignore it, the phone should ping a few seconds later.

The intent is, if you're using your watch, then it's where you're paying attention. It works the other way, too -- if you're using the phone, it will display a notification first, then the watch shows it later.

The "notification hierarchy" works the same way across all your iCloud devices, first appearing on whichever device you're using. When I'm at my computer, a text will pop up on iMessage on the computer before it appears on the phone or watch.