No iPhone Notifications with Apple Watch Connected and on wrist?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mbellis, Apr 28, 2015.

1. mbellis macrumors newbie

I have noticed that when the Apple Watch is connected and on my wrist that my alerts, specifically messages and iMessages (possibly all alerts), are not causing my iPhone to alert at all. I believe this is by design since the second I take the Apple Watch off my wrist my alerts return to normal on my iPhone. The Apple Watch is great however in a noisy/busy environment I have missed multiple notifications because they are only alerting on my Apple Watch... Has anyone found a way to force the notifications to alert on both the Apple Watch and the connected iPhone?

2. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

I believe it's mirror iPhone.

3. mbellis thread starter macrumors newbie

That is my current setting, what that does is Mirrors your current settings from your iPhone onto your Apple Watch, ex. show alerts, sound and number of repeat notifications... However in my experience it still prevents the alerts from making sounds/vibration on the iPhone while the Apple Watch is on my wrist.

4. ginsengbomb macrumors member

I don't think there's any way to do this. As you point out, notifications on only one device is basically the point.

You might try turning Prominent Taptic on to see if that helps with the noisy environment problem (or tightening the wrist band)....?