No iPhone X tracking?

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
San Diego, CA
Am I the only one? I got the November 3rd ship date. My order in the Apple Store app says "Preparing for Shipment" but I have no tracking number. Only reason Im asking is because Ive seen other people post about their phones saying preparing for shipment but also having a tracking number already. Im just getting a little worried that mine won't be shipped this Friday. Anyone else on the same boat or might I see a change maybe tomorrow?

Reactions: Jetcat3

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
You'll get it. It's a huge batch shipment that needs to clear customs. Apple has been doing this for a long time when it comes to iPhones. You'll be fine.

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
They're not the usual tracking numbers you'd get from Apple that you can just type into UPS. You go into your orders on apple.com, get your order number. Then go to tracking on ups.com and select reference tracking. Take your order number and remove the last two characters. Then input your country and ZIP code. UPS should then be able to tell you where your phone is.

sfwalter

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
A lot of times apple doesn’t change the shipping status until they’re actually in the US or whatever country you are in. Dogs are getting tracking numbers but directory going to EPS and he’s in the track by reference feature. They are either in putting in their phone number or order number without the W and without the last two digits of the order

Dmal99

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Dont sweat it. I used to sweat it 6 iphones ago and every year, like clockwork, the tracking # came the night before.

If you want to see yours now, go to UPS and do track by reference. Then enter either your 10 digit phone number or the first 8 digits of your order number. Should work by now. I have preparing for shipment still and I can see my phone tracking as left Anchorage, Alaska a few hours ago. Try it.

Reactions: normandy7

Dudrija

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2017
Go to UPS and sign up for a free account. Whenever something with your name and or address is coming to you via UPS it is automatically tracked and you get alerted. Happened with my iPhone X that’s coming. I knew real early in the game about the phone