No Iphones left?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Djs621, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Djs621 macrumors regular

For most of us who got a 4 on launch day last year our eligibility was moved to Nov 18th. Supply for pre orders has already run dry saying "2 weeks".

With that in mind do you think it will be that easy to get a 4s on the 18th of Nov?

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Sorry, I'm good of luck as a fortune teller. No body knows the future. Have you try calling ATT and see if they can bump you up? It is only a month away. I know Tmobile would do, especially right now.

I personally don't keep my cell phone number. In fact, I wish my cell phone number would change every month. All I really need is to call out.

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

It should of calmed down by then

4. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I really hope so, my date is on the 25th. Now here's a question, will i be able to pre-order it BEFORE the 25th? or will i have to actually just wait till the day of? Is this maybe something i should probably call AT&T about?

5. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

All of the production capacity for iPhone 4 has just moved to the 4S. They will be fine.

6. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well since the iPhone 4s is a "******** upgrade and a total fail on Apple's part" I assume production will be fine. I mean, they only sold 2 million between 10/7 and today soooooo ....

8. Sarngate macrumors regular

The size of upgrade between the 4 and the 4S really has nothing to do with the sales numbers. iPhone pre-orders have been rising since the release of the original model, regardless of how big the changes are. Apple could have released a 3GS with some go faster stripes on it and it would have sold like hot cakes.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I was being sarcastic buddy. If you were around after the announcement you'd know that many seemed to think that the iPhone 4s was a flop and that the iPhone 5 was still coming this month. 2 million orders tells another story. And you're right, the orders don't ever correlate to what people say here. I never thought they did. People talk **** on one screen and order things on another. Heaven forbid someone pass up the potential to have the latest and greatest and the first to order are the douches who said "no increased screen, no buy!".

10. Sarngate macrumors regular

I was here after the announcement, and i knew what you were getting at. The thing is, those people who said the 4S is a flop are entitled to their opinion, and the fact that the phone has had 1 million pre-orders in 24 hours does not prove them wrong or right. All it shows that people will buy Apple regardless of the product they put out.

11. protobiont macrumors 6502a

I think it'll be fairly easy. Worst case scenario, 1-2 week shipping. Best case, in store availability.

12. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Maybe Siri will know?

13. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Um, flop is really not an opinion.... Sales show otherwise...

14. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

My upgrade date is Nov 7th, so I've contemplated this.

Of course the process itself will be relatively easy (lines will be minimal if you go in person, web sites will not be hammered). I don't expect problems with transferring plans, e.g. I have the 200-text AT&T that is no longer offered but they'll have worked out any bugs by then.

I'm undecided as to whether I'll order on-line or make the 2-hour round trip to a store. I'll probably call ahead and check stock (64GB White) and make the trip if they have it; I need to go in at some point anyway and transfer my iPhone 4 to my wife's number since her current phone has a full-size SIM.

My prediction: You will be able to walk in & pick up a 4S with no waiting, in most color/capacity choices. Some color/capacity combos may be up to a week wait but no longer.

----------

Wait, what? So you're saying a product can have record sales and exceed all expectations, but still be a "Flop"?

Perhaps a poor choice of words - if you're saying that people who are "Disappointed" in the 4S are still entitled to their opinion, whether the product is successful or not, then I agree with you.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

We're on the same page.

Hell, it's anything with an Apple logo. Look at those cheap hong kong USB hub deals with Apple's logo on it. Those ****ers got $12 per on average and people snagged them up. I even bought one and had no need for it. :D