No iphoto after clean install of leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by moneyshot, Feb 6, 2008.

1. moneyshot macrumors member

Hi,

I have a macbookpro which came pre-installed with Tiger, I bought leopard a few months ago and did an archive and install. Tonight I decided to to backup my music and photos and reinstall leopard (clean install-erased everything).
    Now comes the problem, iphoto along with imovie is no longer there.

I still have the original install discs that came with the computer, is iphoto on there? What can I do to get iphoto back? Or is it a case of purchasing ilife?

If I install tiger, then upgrade install leopard, will that bring back iphoto?

Any ideas will be very much appreciated. :)

2. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Yes, you can reinstall from the original disks, there is an icon called "Install bundles software only" on disk one, which will start the process then after a minute or two it will ask you for disk 2.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Leopard doesnt include iLife so you can install Tiger from your restore disks and then upgrade to Leopard to get iPhoto. or do what riscy suggested.

4. moneyshot thread starter macrumors member

5. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

6. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

so leopard discs don't come with ilife? not even as extra bundled applications? if i buy a newer mac that comes installed with leopard (meaning i won't have the old tiger discs) is there no way to get ilife without buying it at retail?

7. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

The Tiger version of the install disks includes iLife'06
    The Leopard version of the install disks include iLife'08
    The standalone disk of Leopard doesn't include iLife

8. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

New Macs do not only come with Leopard, but also with the latest version of iLife bundled. Often there's also some additional software thrown in. My PowerBook came with OmniGraffle, and my iMac has… uhm… I don't know really :p

9. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

if you buy a new Mac, then it'll have iLife pre-installed and a copy on the disks that come with the computer.......but if you just buy the operating system disk without a new computer, then iLife isn't bundled and you would have to buy it separately.... if you don't already have a copy