No iPhoto??? Or at least update to photos??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eroxx, Mar 2, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised that there are revolutionary apps like GarageBand and iMovie, but no announcements about any upgrades to the way the iPad stores photos??

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

iMovie, GarageBand - the two least exciting iLife apps.

iPhoto, iWeb would have been so much funner.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

That would be the OS and come with iOS 5 updates.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Real men code HTML in a text editor. :D

5. Stirolak123 macrumors 6502

Speaking of which, are there any web editing apps on the app store? Or any way to edit google sites from the browsernor some other method? Also why is it when you use q template in google sites you cat resizeimagesto exact amint? Only middle or large or whatever. And why is it when you click on text it just takes you to the site when your in editing mode unstead of letting younchange it. Or that photo that says "put your photo here" when i click on it just takes me to the site. Damm i hate google. Ive been trying to make q aite on www.applegamingcentral.com and cant figure out how to edit it. Like you see where it says replace photo? It wont let me.

6. kultschar macrumors 6502a

Agree - iOS5 is gonna have a lot more REAL apps and close the gap on a full fledged OS

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

Not for everybody....GarageBand is my favorite app for the Mac. Heck it is the reason my last computer purchase was a Mac.

8. mpb2000 macrumors regular

Right there with you. No iPhoto is one of the main reasons I have been able to resist spending the money on an iPad. It would have been much easier to implement than iMovie or Garageband. iMovie looks nice, but I would never record any real video with an iPad. I would use my HD camcorder. And at that point, the file sizes make editing on the iPad impossible, if it is even possible to import video from your computer and edit it on the iPad (haven't looked into it). Garageband looks really slick and appears to use the touchscreen interface nicely. But that same interface is the perfect way to edit photos! Now, all the iPad can do is turn itself into a really expensive digital photo album. I hope it is just a matter of "when" and not "if" for iPhoto on iPad. When it does come out, then I'll be buying.

9. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Very happy with iMovie, but after saying how great the iPad has been for photographers, I honestly expected them to show us iPhoto.
    The iPad needs a good photo management/inline editing app.