Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjespo22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Staten Island NY
mabe i missed out on something but i bought leopard, put it on my comp and there is no iphoto at all? and idea why.. thanks

espo

ibanana

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
i have the same issue, iphoto is missing after installing leopard.
so i just have to insert the disk that came with my powerbook (tiger) and it will install iphot by itself or should i choose a specific option ?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
i have the same issue, iphoto is missing after installing leopard.
so i just have to insert the disk that came with my powerbook (tiger) and it will install iphot by itself or should i choose a specific option ?

You need to choose the "Install Bundled Software" option.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I think if you boot into OSX as normal then insert the DVD and open it in the Finder there will be a program on the DVD called something like that. Or you could use Pacifist to just install the apps you want...

ibanana

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
finally i've managed to find iphoto in my original CDs and installed it with imovie (lost as well post leopard installation). imovie is working ok but iphoto doesn't want to open for some reason.... when i tried to open without success i'm prompted with the following options....i've tried all of them but still no luck.
Anyone ?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 59

ibanana

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
For clarification purpose: my iphoto doesn't want to start (icon is bouncing but refuse to start, see screen shot above).
help !

anyone please ?!!!

last try !

marcusk

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2008
Did you guys ever get any resolution to this? I had to reinstall my system recently and the same issue happened. I get a generic icon for iPhoto and it won't boot. I've tried reinstalling from my iLife 08 disks and it still won't work.

James17

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2007
For clarification purpose: my iphoto doesn't want to start (icon is bouncing but refuse to start, see screen shot above).
help !

anyone please ?!!!

last try !

Have you went to the apple sign in the left hand corner, Software Update because there is compatibility updates for iLife 08 to work with Leopard. Try this, install any updates that come up then try iPhoto again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.