no iphoto?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tjespo22, Nov 3, 2007.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

mabe i missed out on something but i bought leopard, put it on my comp and there is no iphoto at all? and idea why.. thanks

espo

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Put in the disk that came with your Mac, and install iLife from that :)

3. ibanana macrumors 6502

i have the same issue, iphoto is missing after installing leopard.
    so i just have to insert the disk that came with my powerbook (tiger) and it will install iphot by itself or should i choose a specific option ?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You need to choose the "Install Bundled Software" option.

5. ibanana macrumors 6502

haven't been prompted with that option when inserted my original CD (panther!)

any idea how to reinstall iphoto ?

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think if you boot into OSX as normal then insert the DVD and open it in the Finder there will be a program on the DVD called something like that. Or you could use Pacifist to just install the apps you want...

7. ibanana macrumors 6502

finally i've managed to find iphoto in my original CDs and installed it with imovie (lost as well post leopard installation). imovie is working ok but iphoto doesn't want to open for some reason.... when i tried to open without success i'm prompted with the following options....i've tried all of them but still no luck.
    Anyone ?

Attached Files:

8. ibanana macrumors 6502

For clarification purpose: my iphoto doesn't want to start (icon is bouncing but refuse to start, see screen shot above).
    help !

anyone please ?!!!

last try !

9. marcusk macrumors newbie

Did you guys ever get any resolution to this? I had to reinstall my system recently and the same issue happened. I get a generic icon for iPhoto and it won't boot. I've tried reinstalling from my iLife 08 disks and it still won't work.

10. James17 macrumors 6502

Have you went to the apple sign in the left hand corner, Software Update because there is compatibility updates for iLife 08 to work with Leopard. Try this, install any updates that come up then try iPhoto again.