No Ipod Touch offer in the UK ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NStocks, Jul 31, 2008.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

Having seen the latest rumors about new Ipod expected in September, do you think its likely Apple won't give us UK students free Ipods? I was hoping to get a iMac the last week in August, as this is when College starts again. Would it be worth waiting and hoping they will be nice enough to give us free iPods?

Since this is my first Mac purchase I don't know how Apple does things in terms of new products coming out, and promotional offers - the US will get the' old' generation whilst the UK get the brand new ones, is this right ?

Sorry if it's another 'Should I wait Question' but I don't want to spend well over £1K and not get a free iPod !

NStocks

2. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

Just checked on Apple's webiste, they have now pulled the printer rebates...let's hope that's a good thing!

NStocks

3. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

Last year the ipod offer didn't start until early September (don't know the exact date.) The new ipods came out on the 5th sept. We got the new ones for free (well £85 off one) but the U.S offer starts months earlier and ended on the 15th of September and even for those 10 days of overlap they still had to get the old ipods.
    The year before that our offer did not start that late, and I think we got the old ones as well but don't know for sure.

4. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

the printer deal had an expiration date, it has nothing to do with the new update macbooks

sorry lol

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The iPod is a school promotion; UK people get it later in the year.