No iPod Use

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carbonmotion, Jun 25, 2007.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

I find that I don't use my iPod nano at all! I never remember to wear it in the mornings. I don't listen to music when I run or workout. Is this strange? I've had every generation of iPod since the 4G Colorless LCD.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Why have you had every iPod gen(does this count Nano, Mini and Shuffle?), If you find yourself not using them?

I use all my iPods...but I'm not really sure what your looking for from us?

Is it normal? No, but that doesn't tell you much, and I can't see that helping you.

3. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

no i haven't used my iPod of the last gen.

4. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I used to use my ipod just to listen while i was out, but know i never use it.
    I keep on trying to sell it, but nobody wants an ipod with my initials engraved on the back :D

5. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

I don't find it stange that you have purchased something you do not actually use, but I do find it strange that you have had every generation of iPod and still purchased one you wouldn't use.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I phase in and out of wanting a constant soundtrack. Sometimes I'll go a couple months having barely used my iPod, then I'll start listening everywhere I go. I've had mine for more than 3 years now, so I don't have to feel bad that I spent a lot of money on this new device if I'm not using it. :D

7. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

I have hardly ever used my iPod nano, or the mini I had before the nano.
    If I have used it it was hooked up to a stereo.

I basically hate earphones -- they hurt my ears and keep falling out. I hate the wires, too, hanging all over the place. iPods aren't for me I'm pretty sure.

I only find them useful to transport my music, and to play it on various stereos and in cars. I *love* music, but the whole iPod experience is not for me. i also haven't found a good way to attach my iPod on my body. I might like armbands, but the ones I found were too wide for my arms even on the tightest setting.

So I'm pretty much through with ipods. They just don't do anything for me. I rather burn old-fashioned CDs and listen to them in my car.

8. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I'm usually listening to music when I'm by myself. If I'm out I"ll use my iPod Shuffle. When I'm on the computer, iTunes is always on and playing.

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Obviously you need bigger arms. :p

I've barely used my iPod since August, because I don't have a way to hook it into my new car, and I'm not paying $50 for an FM transmitter.

10. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I don't use my iPod nearly as much as I thought I would when I bought it. I drive to work, so it's not like I have a commute where I can listen to the iPod on the way. I don't work out (even though I know I should), and when I walk it's usually with my wife and we're talking about stuff. About the only times I use it are when I'm working in the yard, or on long plane rides.

On the other hand, I only bought one of them. ;)

11. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

My ipods main use is in the car. I have an ipod connector in the car. I have a 60 gig, a 2gig nano, and 512 shuffle. I use the 60 gig for the car, the nano for working out or in class, and the shuffle for whenever.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I find I use my 2G Shuffle more than my 80gb iPod.
    The Shuffle goes everywhere 'cuz of that clip and I only use it for my fave songs (so it's never full). The 80gb is just used for watching TV and films in my room. Got a nice monitor and all that but I just prefer that little screen :)

Probably use the 80gb more once I get a car and an iPod connection kit or whatever.