No iTunes Receipts....iTunes 8?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bennyf410, Sep 6, 2008.

1. bennyf410 macrumors newbie

About a week or two ago I stopped receiving email form the iTunes Store which included my receipts. I email iTunes support (or what ever you call them) and they said it could be inaccurate information on my account so I checked it and all my information was correct. Is anyone else having this issue? Could this be a sign of the new iTunes 8 that could be coming the 9th?

2. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

Funny that you mention that. I was wondering why I haven't gotten any receipts for the last 2 weeks+.

Not sure how that would relate to the new iTunes though...:cool:

3. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

i first saw this thread and i though "hmm...i've been getting my receipts". but then i though about it a bit more (and checked my email inbox)...i haven't been getting them.

4. bennyf410 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well if iTunes 8 is going to be as great as everyone is say, maybe Apple is making some changes to there server or something that would effect why receipts aren't getting to their users.

5. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

you know i just bought music 2 days ago and i never got any receipts.. the last time i got one was last week when i bought the 2.0 update for my ipod touch

6. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

Sorry to burst ur bubble, but I got a receipt two days ago.

7. telf22 macrumors regular

i havent been getting them either??????????????????????????

8. 61132 Guest

I got my receipt from the season pass of Bones I purchased last night

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I got one today but I don't get the correlation between a new version of iTunes and the Apple store sending a receipt. Does the OP believe that Apple uses a consumer version of iTunes to run the entire Apple store?:confused:

10. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

The OP is probably thinking that because of a possible new feature of the iTunes Store (HD TV Shows maybe?), they had to stop sending receipts in order to update the receipt sending machine so that it understands the purchase of HD TV Shows (so to speak).

anyways, i posted earlier that i hadn't been getting my receipts. now i am.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I am getting receipts nearly immediately. Even if I weren't, I doubt I'd equate it to the whole idea that iTunes 8 is on the way. /me shrugs.