No iWeb on the App Store!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by netdog, Jan 6, 2011.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Does this mean that iWeb is dead, or that the HTML5-friendly iWeb isn't ready yet?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

3. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I really liked iWeb... I had hopes that Apple would actually make it into something useable. Like the ability to add meta tags!

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

My guess is that as it comes pre installed on all Macs, there's no need to have it in the store until a new version is available.

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

It's been long dead. The lack of update shows that quite clearly. Maybe this obvious confirmation will stop people demanding an iWeb update every apple application rumour/release.

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

I agree that iWeb is likely never to be updated. Which is too bad, as it had some promise.

7. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

I agree that iWeb is "dead". It'd be nice if it saw some updates, but it really isn't worth paying for, in my opinion.

I do recommend RapidWeaver (on sale for $39.99 (regular $79.99)), for anyone who is interested. It's more complicated than iWeb, but can do a lot more. After a few hours of fooling around it's easy to use; it's not a drag and drop sorta thing like iWeb, though.

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

9. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

Come to think of it, iWeb (and iDVD) might not be dead. As others have said, it's probably not out as we all own the current versions of iWeb & iDVD (since they come preinstalled on every Mac). Should they be updated in the future, I'm sure we'll see them come to the app store.

10. emw macrumors G4

emw

The "current" version is from iLife '09, so it's 2 releases old. Plus, I don't know that there was significant development put into '09 from previous versions.

So either they're working hard on a really fantastic new release that will blow us all away in iLife '12, or it's dead. I go with dead.

11. Synthion macrumors regular

iWeb is dead. Long live iWeb!

Face it, few used it. Those who did faced problems. Hosting sites have their own embedded builders. It's an uphill battle. I think iLife is moving into a media suite, therefore, iWeb seems superfluous. The cutting of XServe was also evident of a consumerist model. But I think apple is planning something. Be it embedding iWeb into XCode, (Which I love), or a brand new programming suite that includes iWeb, XCode, and the rumored WYSIWYG iOS app builder. Who can say?

PS: I am hoping and praying they don't do away with iDVD. It will probably be the first to go, but I want it!