iPad No JB Updates?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NTeggerdine, Mar 29, 2012.

1. NTeggerdine macrumors member

I've been jail breaking my iDevices since my iPhone 3G and when ever a new device or iOS update comes out there always seems to be a steady stream of updates as to the progress of the JB for the new device or software. But since the release if the New iPad, we had a crazy amount of updates and info come out the first day but nothing since then, not even a small status update. I know there is never an ETA given and people are always pestering those guys about when it will be done, but it seems very odd to me that we have not herd one peep from anyone working on the JB since the day it was released.....Anyone herd anything I might have missed?

2. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

From an optimists point of view, they are probably working so hard on making it work that they either don't care to update or don't have time.

Pessimist: they are making no progress and therefore have nothing to inform people of.

Personal belief: They're working on it, but are more focused on an iOS 5.1 untethered because it will affect the largest group of people. Once that's done they will probably inform us a bit more of their progress.

3. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

There have been plenty of posts and tweets. You might want to follow the dev team on twitter. Musclenerd, i0n1c, and so on.

4. batotman macrumors 6502

Pod2g said if they had all the pieces it would still be weeks away. Sounds to me late April might be the soonest.

5. BlueRaider macrumors regular

The 5.1 jailbreak is going to take as long as the 4.3.3 A5 jailbreak or longer. i0n1c isn't giving his jailbreak up and the dev teams are a LONG way away from anything close to a public release. If we see a jailbreak prior to the 4th of July it's going to be because of a major breakthrough.

6. NTeggerdine thread starter macrumors member

I follow them all and have not seen any update that you speak of, i check musclenerd and dev team daily, oh well i can be patient its just much easier when you are informed.

7. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

Here is a tweet from pod2g 2 days ago:

"About 5.1 jailbreak for A5+ devices : it's not out and I have no clue when it'll happen. I'm working some hours per week on finding vulns."

If you are following the Dev team, this should not be news to you. There are tons of these tweets and retweets and blog posts out discussing when/if the jb for ios5.1 A5+ chipset iDevices will happen and who is doing what.