Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr.Gargoyle

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2004
lat: 55.7222°N, long: 13.1971°E
~Shard~ said:
Depends how good it is I guess... ;)
I might be talking out of my ass here, but doesnt it take longer than a couple of months to write a killer app like that?
When Aperture 1.1 hit was released earlier this year and Apple announced a serious pricedrop it was rumored that Apple was about to discontinue Apperture. Can it really be that Apple in 6 months or so since the last release has made such increments that it really call for a presentation at Photokina of all places??
That strike me as highly unlikely, considering Aperture in the first place was very limited compared with e.g. PS.

My best guess is that Apple is about to release something else... but I don't have the slightest clue what that could be.:confused:
Whatever it is, it has to be big to make a splash at Photokina since many big releases are expected there. The biggest of the all would be Leica M8 digital.

mi5moav

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
I don't know why they are saying this is Apple's first time at Photokina? When we were there about 10 years ago Apple had a booth and all, I really doubt they will just be pedaling ipods and camera connectors or Aperature.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Dr.Gargoyle said:
I might be talking out of my ass here, but doesnt it take longer than a couple of months to write a killer app like that?
When Aperture 1.1 hit was released earlier this year and Apple announced a serious pricedrop it was rumored that Apple was about to discontinue Apperture. Can it really be that Apple in 6 months or so since the last release has made such increments that it really call for a presentation at Photokina of all places??
That strike me as highly unlikely, considering Aperture in the first place was very limited compared with e.g. PS.

My best guess is that Apple is about to release something else... but I don't have the slightest clue what that could be.:confused:
Whatever it is, it has to be big to make a splash at Photokina since many big releases are expected there. The biggest of the all would be Leica M8 digital.

That's a very good point - it will be interesting to see what Apple does with Aperture, considering the above. I'd say another possibility would be the release of new cinema displays, but again, due to the size and magnitude of this show, Apple better have something more than that up their sleeve.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
Galfridus said:
I've taken my bad French to several parts of France including Paris and Nice, and was always treated politely.

Key is to lear at least a bit of the host-country language. It tells them that you are least trying to communicate with them using their language. But if you just barge in shouting English, they might not treat you as well. All it takes is just few phrases.

I don't know any French, but when I visited Paris last year, I learned few key-phrases and words. it can make a world of difference if you greet others with their native language, broken or not.

whatever

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2001
South of Boston, MA
Expect Fewer and Fewer Keynotes....

Expect fewer and fewer Keynotes for anyone at Apple and an increase of special events.

In the last couple of years Apple has managed to re-capture the general public eye, to the point that when they release a new product the most news outlets will cover it. They're able to touch many more customers through alternative means (Apple Stores, commericials, e-mail newsletters, etc) that pulling out the dog and pony show for every expo is no longer necessary.

Sure we all love watching Steve's Keynote, but it's no longer necessary for him to go to Paris to do one.

Hell, Apple has even pulled out of the 2nd largest Apple expo, Mac World, last year and this year the show wasn't even held (as far as I know). And guess what, Apple's revenue still increased!

Event's such as WWDC will continue since they're a developers conference and Mac Expo, but beyond, expect the big keynotes at Apple specific expos to go away.

mi5moav

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
More digital video cameras dropped from Apple Store!!! Weehooo. Two years ago Apple had nearly 28 video cameras from Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Sharp and more. I think they only have 5 now in there store. Why? and Why do they only sell Canon and Nikon products? Something is going on what kind of agreement do they have with these guys???? does this mean that a new video camera is coming? Please tell me 15 reasons why Apple should not release a digital HD video Camera.

They have already shipped over 1 million cameras last year(though they have been atached to imacs, macbooks, and isights)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.