Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

modular

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
anyone else feel like there's no justice in this world? No karma?
I haven't done anything to deserve the pain I am in, yet I see others who should be in jail living the life. growing up I figured the world has a way to balance everything out. Now, a couple years out of college, I am not sure what I believe in. I've done everything I was supposed to do, followed all the rules. The one's that don't follow the rules? - they're doing just as well if not better.
How does anyone make any sense out of life?

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
I haven't done anything to deserve the pain I am in, yet I see others who should be in jail living the life. growing up I figured the world has a way to balance everything out. Now, a couple years out of college, I am not sure what I believe in. I've done everything I was supposed to do, followed all the rules. The one's that don't follow the rules? - they're doing just as well if not better.

simple explanation. god hates u.

gatepc

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
Life sucks and then you die....

Thats why you should study phycology and people so that you can bend and manipulate them to your will, use them for everything they have and then ditch them at the last moment, you should drain off of other people to further your progress in life. thats what I do ( but then again some people think I am a sociopath among other things...... )

tips : make friends with someone in high power they may come in handy sooner later. make them think you are there best friend in the whole world so that you can use them :) then life will be fair too you :)

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
To quote Frank Sinatra (Or Diamond Dave Roth): That's Life. I used to believe in stuff like karma. What comes around, goes around. That kind of thing. I've seen enough in my life to convince me that it's all crap. I don't believe any of that stuff anymore. I just live my life and I don't really care what other people do, or what does or doesn't happen to them anymore.

modular

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
To quote Frank Sinatra (Or Diamond Dave Roth): That's Life. I used to believe in stuff like karma. What comes around, goes around. That kind of thing. I've seen enough in my life to convince me that it's all crap. I don't believe any of that stuff anymore. I just live my life and I don't really care what other people do, or what does or doesn't happen to them anymore.

yup, thats about it right there.

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains

Rule #1: If you can't control it, don't let it control you.

Being angry at somebody else for being happy, or rich, or whatever isn't going to change your situation or theirs.

You're young. Set goals. You're the only one you have to impress. There's no finish line, or trophy stand. So what do you want to accomplish some day? Set goals to get yourself there.

The only person you can truly depend on is yourself. So decide where you want to be, and start making the choices that will get you there. Life will sidetrack you, and it will help you reevaluate if your original plan was really what you wanted.

Regrets and revenge are just going to waste your time. So see rule#1 above, and do your thing.

On edit: I think that's the most sappy positive thing I've ever written. How wild is that? My nickname used to be the Prince of Darkness and not because I dressed in black.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
Poop. I've eaten lots of it. Even bathed and wallowed in it & I've tried to follow "rules" and near always do the "right thing."

WTF ya' gonna' do?

The justice is inside yourself. Especially after you get dumped on, clean yourself off and ask for more. Life is rotten but it won't take me!

I scratch my dogs belly and she shakes her leg. I go fishing and catch nothing but a mellow beer buzz. I see kids in wheelchairs with leukemia and am thankful for my crap and realize how lucky I really am. Feed me some more poop please....

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Rule #1: If you can't control it, don't let it control you.

Being angry at somebody else for being happy, or rich, or whatever isn't going to change your situation or theirs.

You're young. Set goals. You're the only one you have to impress. There's no finish line, or trophy stand. So what do you want to accomplish some day? Set goals to get yourself there.

The only person you can truly depend on is yourself. So decide where you want to be, and start making the choices that will get you there. Life will sidetrack you, and it will help you reevaluate if your original plan was really what you wanted.

Regrets and revenge are just going to waste your time. So see rule#1 above, and do your thing.

On edit: I think that's the most sappy positive thing I've ever written. How wild is that? My nickname used to be the Prince of Darkness and not because I dressed in black.

Sounds right to me, and wise.

I try not to rent any extra space in my head to a really bad day once I get home, just celebrate the fact that time keeps moving even when I'm not having fun. I like to let each day have its time and then stay in its place in the past, so the next day I can feel as a fresh start.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew, 6:34)

As far as comparing myself to other people is concerned: I learned a long time ago that I'd only be comparing my insides to someone else's outsides. I have no idea what goes on in the head and heart of someone who's cheating, lying, stealing. I cannot live like that and that's really all I need to remember. Maybe the other person is a sociopath. I'm not, so I need to hang onto my integrity and my sense of right and wrong.

An injustice is sometimes a thing that cannot be remedied, and when that turns out to be the case, I can only try to let go of it. Otherwise it will consume me, and what good is that (especially since I'm the one perpetuating the thing by constantly recalling it). I have once or twice written a sketch of an injustice, everything I felt about it, and folded it up and burned it in the woodstove to help me put it into the past. I don't want to be looking over my shoulder in envy or resentment. Today's the only day I can do anything with. Yesterday's gone and tomorrow is at best a plan, not a reality. So I try to make today a good one, even if it's just something simple at day-end like listening to music I like or making dinner for a friend.

Best of luck to the original poster. :) but we make our own luck, really.

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
Life is a struggle. Deal with it...everyone else has to although they may not show it.

Right now is just a moment in our lifetime. Tomorrow is a new day.

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
Should I start cutting myself again? :(

nah. unless u like it a lot. but in all seriousness, why harm yourself over a guy "up there" who looked away when u were in the dumps. a tip for the OP. first rule of life u forgot, don't let anyone tell u what u can and cannot do. even if the powers above hate your guts.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I sometimes think there is karma, but it's a not as direct as 'do something good-good thing will happen back'. I think a lot of it is simply down to the person activating it (that whole "you make your own luck" thing).
I looked for a good girlfriend and when I met her I tried (try) to be the best boyfriend I can be.
I never really pushed myself in education, I got through school/college/uni but only with average results because I just walked through them without studying. So now I'm not earning as much as people who did knuckle down.
Sometimes bad things just happen. But I tend to look at them as challenges and things to develop from.

Greedo

Jul 26, 2009
i have learned 2 things.

First you should try to: learn from the past, plan for the future and live for today.

Second, do not try and control the uncontrollable.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I found that my Christian faith and relying on the Bible is what helps sustains me.

Like everyone in the world, life has thrown me some curves, some good and some bad. What I try to do is give thanks for my blessings. I'm healthy, I have a wonderful wife and two healthy kids. I found that as bad as your problems are, there's always someone worse off and generally those people dealing with larger problems are dealing with them better then I am with my little ones. To that end, I try to focus on my blessings and not my trials.

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere

1. Rules are meant to be broken.
2. What's everything you're supposed to do? There's no set guideline to life.
3. You're not going to get great rewards by not taking risks. You may have been on the straight and arrow, but the person you thought was "breaking the rules" was doing something radical in their life to get what they want.
4. Feeling sorry for yourself is a waste of time. You're going to wake up one day and slap yourself for devoting so much time to self-pity.

Boneoh

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2009
So. Cal.
I found that my Christian faith and relying on the Bible is what helps sustains me.

Like everyone in the world, life has thrown me some curves, some good and some bad. What I try to do is give thanks for my blessings. I'm healthy, I have a wonderful wife and two healthy kids. I found that as bad as your problems are, there's always someone worse off and generally those people dealing with larger problems are dealing with them better then I am with my little ones. To that end, I try to focus on my blessings and not my trials.

+1

I recommend that you read "The Road Less Travelled".

Also, try to live your life so when you look at yourself in the mirror in the morning, you like yourself.

None of us is perfect, just do the best you can. That's how you can live your life without regrets.

There is always someone else out there who has it worse than we do.

When you feel down once in a while, its ok to have a little pity party, but get over it.

If you are really getting beat up with thought of harming yourself or others, you MUST get counselling.

Good luck to you!:)

pelicanflip

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2009
NYC

Wahh wahh wahh.

I'm playing the world's smallest violin for you.

Life just kicks you straight in the balls whenever it feels like. Just learn to kick back and deal with it.

tayshon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2009
Philly, PA
Some mornings I wake up and hate everything about my life, then I let my feet hit the floor, and tell myself to get over it. There is always ways someone living better then you, just a fact of life, but at the same time there is always someone worst off, so just try and make the most of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.