No Keyboard Appearing?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by blairh, Dec 23, 2014.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I have Swiftkey set as my default keyboard. I am running the latest iOS update.

So I'm having a big problem. I'm aware of the keyboard bug that is still quite common. That's isn't my complaint. My problem is that no keyboard whatsoever pops up pretty often when I attempt to create a new text message in the Messages app. The only option I get is to paste. No keyboard pops up. Often times I need to open an app that uses my keyboard. (Gmail, Mercury Browser.) I have to tap somewhere where the keyboard could be used. (Inside an email, url bar.) Then I exist the app and tap the Messages app once again and it usually works. But as you can imagine this is driving me nuts.

Has this happened to anybody else? Can you recommend a fix?

Also is there way to enable emoji's in the Swiftkey keyboard?

2. J.C macrumors 6502

This is a known issue. Third party keyboard support is still buggy. This was supposed to have been addressed in a previous update (update iOS if you haven't) but I still get this problem.

3. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Is the issue that I'm using a 3rd party keyboard? I understand the default keyboard popping up when it shouldn't. But no keyboard whatsoever?

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It's a known issue with ALL 3rd party keyboards. I have SwiftKey, Swype and Fleksy and all 3 of them have this problem.

5. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Will it go away if I delete SwiftKey?

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't think you are listening. Every keyboard you download from the Appstore has the SAME problem. The only keyboard that doesn't disappear is Apple's own keyboard.

7. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

I am listening. I'm asking if I delete SwiftKey will the problems end? If I delete SwiftKey I'd be using the default keyboard.

Also I have an issue editing my contacts. Attempting to edit a first or last name auto jumps to the next line. It's driving me crazy.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You don't habe to delete it. Just remove it from settings