No Keyboard/Mouse under Bootcamp Win7 64 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by msh, Jan 3, 2017.

1. msh macrumors regular

The Apple keyboard and mouse (wired) are no longer loading under Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate on a boot camp partition on a 2012 Mac Mini.

I tried the solutions from Twocanoes (https://twocanoes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203424697) and it worked once but after several reboots the keyboard/mouse have disappeared again.

Bootcamp 5.1 was already installed and everything worked from the original installation. Now, not even bootcamp is installed since I uninstalled it in an attempt to get the keyboard/mouse drivers to work and it won't reinstall.

I have a Win 7 64 bit Home Edition version installed on an early '09 Mac Mini boot camp partition that works. That is using Bootcamp V4, however.

How do i get this to work on the 2012 Mac Mini?

2. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

Did you delete the old Bootcamp partition?

3. msh thread starter macrumors regular

No. I did restore from a WinClone, however.

4. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

Just my opinion but you may want to delete your Bootcamp partition and start over with the drivers downloaded from Apple and then reinstall Windows 7.
    I know it's a pain but it will probably get everything working again. Back up your windows files to an external drive and you may be able to restore after fresh install.
    The only other method would be to try and reinstall the Bootcamp drivers from Apple which may or may not work.
    When you go to device manager in Windows does it show any problems with the hardware?

5. msh thread starter macrumors regular

Reinstallation of the boot camp drivers doesn't work - install reports an error.

Windows device manager shows an unknown USB device. Also if I disable Apple Bluetooth drivers Windows (not Apple) keyboard and mouse appear; enabling Apple Bluetooth makes them disappear. I wonder if Apple wireless mouse and keyboard would work?

6. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

It seems that something got corrupted in Bootcamp drivers. Apples keyboard and mouse should work fine with Apple with bluetooth drivers. Apple bluetooh drivers work well in my hackintosh with Windows 10.
    I can only suggest delete Bootcamp partition and start over. Maybe someone else has an option.

7. msh, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017

msh thread starter macrumors regular

Well, some good news. I ran chkdsk, reenabled the Apple bluetooth driver and the keyboard and mouse came back. Now the only problem is that I don't have the bootcamp app installed since I previously uninstalled it and it won't reinstall. I wonder if restoring a Windows restore point before I uninstalled bootcamp would restore bootcamp and still retain the keyboard and mouse?