No keypad on wireless keyboard, does it bother you?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bbydon, Jul 21, 2009.

1. bbydon macrumors 6502a

I was considering the wireless keyboard, but was wondering if people miss it or not?

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Nope. You can always get a separate wireless keypad if you absolutely need it.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I missed it when I used my personal computer for work, now that I have another setup I don't miss it as much.
    However, I refuse to pay more money to get a number pad because some moron at Apple thought number pads were unnecessary.

4. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

I miss the key pad, I could of gotten a different brand keyboard, but could not find one that looked cool enougth

5. bbydon thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't know why they got rid of that stupid keypad!
    They make wireless keypads....who would have thunk. I will search for that next.

6. akm3 macrumors 68020

It doesn't bother me at all, because I didn't buy the wireless keyboard, because I need a number pad.

7. Lukeyboy01 macrumors regular

Lukeyboy01

you don't the ones with the number pad are cheaper :D:D

8. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I haven't seen many wireless keypads designed to work with Macs

9. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

For me it wasn't a deal breaker, but I do find it slows me down a little when entering numbers.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It's not because some moron at Apple *thought* keypads are unnecessary. BECAUSE THEY ARE. Unless we are talking about accountants, how many people that own a computer ever really *needs* the keypad? Majority rules in democracy.

11. bbydon thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would say a majority do need the keypad, mainly because its on every other freaking keyboard out there. Im in design, which are a majority of apple users, and I use my keypad constantly at work.

I don't really know if i use the number pad at home that much, don't remember. Guess i will look into the dinovo brand.

12. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I personally won't buy it without a keypad. I use it to much everyday, it would just slow me down and tick me off. Note to apple: Keypad is important!

13. miiles macrumors regular

14. hoechst99 macrumors newbie

No keypad = easier mousing

I recently bought a new iMac without a keypad. I was skeptical at first, but after a few weeks I have to say I prefer it this way. Yes, I miss the numbers occasionally, BUT my mouse now sits much closer to my body. This results in less strain on my wrist while mousing, and less distance to travel for my right hand between keyboard and mouse. Since I use the mouse a lot more than I ever used the number keys, I think it's a worthy trade-off. Something to think about for anyone whose body is starting to complain about the long hours we spend sitting at our computers.

Plus, the reduced footprint on my desk is nice too.

15. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

I love my bluetooth keyboard. Even though the numbers do come in handy once in a great while, being more portable and being able to fit it into tight spaces outweighs the consequences.