No LED light on charger

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrRoyksopp, Jun 24, 2012.

1. MrRoyksopp macrumors regular

Hello guys.

My charger for my MBP 13" suddenly stopped charging like 10 minutes ago.
    I plugged it out, cause I had to move my computer, and the when I plugged it in again, the LED light won't turn on.
    The computer itself registers it, and battery information at the top-right corner says "Not charging", but the brightness on the display gets higher, so it does register that the charger is connected, it just won't start charging.
    Can somebody help me with this issue?

Thanks
    MrRoyksopp

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

I've had this happen with me. It just randomly stopped working one time, I'm not sure but I had a feeling it was because the adapter had overheated which had never happened before. I let it cool down for like 10 mins and it started working. Just keep plugging and unplugging it and it should come back on.

If it doesn't work, the wiring leading into the adapter may have failed. Take it to apple and if you're in warranty they will replace it for free. If not, you may have to get a new one.

3. Skjetne macrumors member

Has happened to me a couple of times. Just unplug it, and wait 10min and it should be okay :)

4. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

5. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

Alright so it didn't help when I unplugged it at waited for like 10 mins.

Anybody else? :(

6. Shambles macrumors regular

I had the same problem a while back with my Air. I just phoned up Applecare, explained the problem, and they sent me a new one in the post. Simples