No light on MBA late 2010 model

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MBA2010, Jul 15, 2014.

1. MBA2010 macrumors newbie

My keyboard light has never worked on my MBA. I tried all of the tricks (flashlight directly on light sensor, reboot using control, option, plus power key) and nothing works. Is it possible my model doesn't have a keyboard light, or that it was bad out of the box? Also, when I go to Syst. Preferences, click Keyboard, there is no checkbox option for any type of keyboard light sensor etc. anywhere....? Help if you can please, thanks!

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Late 2010 models don't have a backlit keyboard, sorry!

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I was very disappointed to find out that Apple did away with the backlit keyboard when I purchased my 2010 11" MacBook Air. One of the rare really dumb moves by Apple. I was very happy to see they reversed themselves and added it back to the 2011 and forward models. I really missed it and am thrilled my 2013 MacBook Air 13" has the beautiful backlit keys.

4. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

^^^^Yep, that's a big plus for me too. I use a logitech backlit keyboard with my Mac Pro also. It allows me to keep the light off in my room with my Mac Pro or wherever I happen to be with my MBA.

Lou