No line at apple store!

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I just got my ipad 32G wifi!!! Got there at exactly 8am and waited in line for only 15 minutes. Once I was in the store, no one else was in line after me. So I was able to do personal setup.

Screen is gorgeous BUT I am bummed it doesn't fit in my ipad2 covers.

Back up: The only option coming up is- set up as new ipad or Restore from iphone. Which one should I choose?? I just backed up my ipad2 last week so why isn't that coming up??

notjustgc

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
I just got my ipad 32G wifi!!! Got there at exactly 8am and waited in line for only 15 minutes. Once I was in the store, no one else was in line after me. So I was able to do personal setup.

Back up: The only option coming up is- set up as new ipad or Restore from iphone. Which one should I choose?? I just backed up my ipad2 last week so why isn't that coming up??
What store?

And my $0.02: You're better off starting clean anyway, so don't sweat it.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH

Does the backup list scroll? I seem to remember the iCloud restore list scrolled.

I'd restore.....it's not restoring the OS, just apps and data and settings.

-Kevin

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
What store?

And my $0.02: You're better off starting clean anyway, so don't sweat it.
Ok cool, I chose set up as new ipad. Thx. Northeast US apple store. Sorry I Do not want to give away location here.

Last edited:

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008

it'd be nice if you mentione which store, in case other people would like to go get an iPad line-free....You know that way your post would be helpful and not just bragging.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
it'd be nice if you mentione which store, in case other people would like to go get an iPad line-free....You know that way your post would be helpful and not just bragging.
There were not too many people giving out Radio Shack exact locations or the walmarts people were at.

----------

I'm coming to your house right now hehehehehe...
NOT FUNNY lol. If I get robbed now, I know everyone who posted on here :D You did choose the joker image!! ahhhhh lol

Last edited:

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011

No lines. Doesn't surprise me. Hasn't been all that long since many got the Ipad2, and in my worthless opinion, there isn't enough of a reason to upgrade.

For those that do or did...enjoy them.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Just answered your question. There were not too many people giving out Radio Shack exact locations or the walmarts people were at.

----------

NOT FUNNY lol. If I get robbed now, I know everyone who posted on here :D You did choose the joker image!! ahhhhh lol
No one is stalking you; stop being paranoid about it. If you're worried about your privacy, don't even use the internet or credit cards. Close down your bank accounts and hoard cash and gold.

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
No lines. Doesn't surprise me. Hasn't been all that long since many got the Ipad2, and in my worthless opinion, there isn't enough of a reason to upgrade.

For those that do or did...enjoy them.
Agreed. I think apple may have over shipped this time around. Nobody I know is getting one.

DaffyDuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Make sure you are using your iCloud account when it asks you to log in. I often use my Apple store account and find there to only be a really old backup. I then panic until I realize I need to use the iCloud account credentials.

yosnowman

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Sprint APX515CKT Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

No lines here at my local best buy in fact besides the people who work here its just me... What a rip! I was expecting riots!

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
No one is stalking you; stop being paranoid about it. If you're worried about your privacy, don't even use the internet or credit cards. Close down your bank accounts and hoard cash and gold.
I was just joking. I wasn't accusing anyone ;)