Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I’ve silently gotten on without it until I saw this thread, I feel triggered.

The cursor in iOS 13 is definitely much worse. There was nothing wrong with it and now it’s a right pain. Especially when trying to edit links in Safari.
Man I disagree 1000%. The bubble method never worked for me. More often than not the cursor would jump a couple of places forward or backward when releasing my finger. Using the space bar track pad method is precise 100% of the time. Huge improvement in my opinion.

Reactions: secretk

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Yep, removing the magnifying glass was a bright idea. The precise and fast cursor control is great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that your fingertip still blocks the line of sight so you can't see the spot you're trying to find.

I love iOS 13 overall but this was a clear step backwards and a completely unnecessary one.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yep, removing the magnifying glass was a bright idea. The precise and fast cursor control is great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that your fingertip still blocks the line of sight so you can't see the spot you're trying to find.

I love iOS 13 overall but this was a clear step backwards and a completely unnecessary one.
Apparently you can usually move the finger a little down while the cursor will stay in place just a little above it.

Reactions: revmacian

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
I sometimes get "cursor snapback" where I'm trying to place it in between words and it snaps to the end of the line.
Over and over and over.
"Let's take text selection to a new level of frustration"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.