No location based Reminders on 3GS?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Katalysis, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Katalysis macrumors member

Whenver I try to set a reminder, there is no option for a location. Did they cut that out of 3GS?

2. jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

I believe so. Sorry :(

3. lilpete macrumors member

whaaaaat???? I don't have it either on my 3GS, is there any confirmation about this? So disappointing :mad:

4. pk7 macrumors 6502

Hi all, this is my first post on the MR forums.

I can officially confirm that iPhone 3GS will not get geo-fencing in the Reminders app on iOS 5.

When updating in iTunes, the iOS 5.0 release notes contain a line saying:

"Location-based reminders when you leave or arrive at a location for iPhone 4S and iPhone 4"

Thus, we iPhone 3GS (and iPod Touch 4 and iPad 1/2) users are left in the dark with this one.

Hope that helps!

5. Danielg8 macrumors newbie

What's the general consensus on iOS 5 on a 3GS? I want the features, but I'm nervous to update out of fear that it could make my 3GS too slow. It's already much pretty sluggish in comparison to when I got it was brand new.

6. Katalysis thread starter macrumors member

Well, my 4S will be here tomorrow, so I will deal with it but this is even more suspect than the SIRI cut out for iPhone 4. At least there is some (probably wrong) argument that it needs the processing power to be made, but this here is just a feature cut.

My 3GS can show me location based advertisements to fill Apple's coffers but it can't give me location based reminders? GTFO.