Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Louisianimal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

On my lockscreen, next to the slider, there isnt a camera button. Instead its a picture icon. When i click it, u can see all of my pictures from the lockscreen. Do i have to change something in the settings? Did anyone else have this problem.

Also, instead of starting another thread, i have a another question. When the keypad comes up, i see the "!" and "?" above the comma and period. Is there a way to access that without having to go to the next page of the keypad?
This is my first ipad so im trying to get use to the setup.
Thanks.

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
On my lockscreen, next to the slider, there isnt a camera button. Instead its a picture icon. When i click it, u can see all of my pictures from the lockscreen. Do i have to change something in the settings? Did anyone else have this problem.

iPad has no lock screen camera. Instead it has a "picture frame" feature to show a sideshow of the photos on your device. Look in Settings for options pertaining to the Picture Frame feature.

Also, instead of starting another thread, i have a another question. When the keypad comes up, i see the "!" and "?" above the comma and period. Is there a way to access that without having to go to the next page of the keypad?
This is my first ipad so im trying to get use to the setup.
Thanks.

Yep, press the shift key first ( the upward-pointing arrow) & then press comma to get the exclamation point or period to get the question mark. Also, if you long-press those keys you have quick access to single and double quotation marks.

marvingaye

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2006
Yep, press the shift key first ( the upward-pointing arrow) & then press comma to get the exclamation point or period to get the question mark. Also, if you long-press those keys you have quick access to single and double quotation marks.

You don't even need to long press. You can just swipe up on those keys to get the quote characters.

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
I can't ever imagine rushing to grab my tablet and getting upset at it taking an extra step. Or ever grabbing it to take a pic, it's pretty poor. It can be quite amusing to use with Photo Booth. Really wish the front cam wasn't 1996 webcam quality.

I thought you might be able to double clock the home button to get it but that appears to have been a pre iOS 5.1 iPhone only thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.