Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkjazzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
i'm at a hotel where the wifi is paid for by the minute.

the log in screen pops up on a regular computer when you first open the browser.

On the iphone, we have the nice drop down menu...

however, you can't log out.

So if you buy two hours worth of internet and only use 1 hour 30 minutes, you can't log out and save the 30 minutes like you can on the computer. Is there a trick to getting the log in screen to change to a log out screen??

Thanks

mppkll

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2010
turn off WiFi

Go to Settings then WiFi and togle the Wi-Fi setting to off. If you want to use a different Wi-Fi, select the ">" symbol next to the hotel wifi from the list and click "Forget this network"

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Are you saying that just disconnecting from the wifi does not stop the minutes ticking down? If you were on the computer, how would you log out to stop the clock?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I think just turning off wifi or maybe even closing all safari windows turns it off.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with service that charges you by the minute. Every hotel I've been to has a daily charge of around $8.95. Anything else is a ripoff.

tkjazzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Are you saying that just disconnecting from the wifi does not stop the minutes ticking down? If you were on the computer, how would you log out to stop the clock?

Correct. Minutes still tick down. The only way I could stop the minutes is to then sign in from a computer and it would detect two log ins and sign the iPhone out. I would then dc the computer.

To the other poster, it was in the Caribbean... Supply low, demand high. Plus, I'm sure it was via satellite at an expensive rate.

I eventually stopped using iPhone to connect.... But I found an unforseen flaw in the drop down wifi login.

Ty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.