no login image?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by noobsauce, Mar 23, 2010.

1. noobsauce macrumors member

my login background is just a blue screen when it's meant to be some space picture. is there any way to change it back to the space picture or another one?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Somehow, someway, the image at path /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg was either moved or renamed. The default image can be found in /Library/Desktop Pictures/Nature/Leopard Aurora.jpg. If you make a copy of the the Leopard Aurora.jpg and rename it to DefaultDesktop.jpg and put it in that folder, restarting the computer should restore your expected background at the login window. Note that you can actually use any image as long as it is titled DefaultDesktop.jpg and has that path. Other customization options for the login window.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can also use Secrets to modify that (and many other) settings.

4. noobsauce thread starter macrumors member

thanks, thought it would be a lot harder than this but solved the problem completely :D

5. iWyse macrumors newbie

iWyse

ok first i did use that osx daily site to change it and i got stuck with the blue login background. i tryed renaming the pic i want to DefaultDesktop.jpg and restarted it and still blue background. that blue background is really bugging me and i must fix it.