"no Logitech Device Found" after installed logitech driver

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sepandee, Sep 18, 2007.

1. sepandee macrumors regular

I used to have the Logitech driver for my VX Revolution mouse, but uninstalled it at some point. Now I went back to re-install it, and after installation and rebooting, when i go to the logitech control centre it says "no logitech device found." I uninstalled it again, restarted my computer, installed the driver 1 more time, took out my mouse's receiver, restarted my laptop, and the stupid program still doesn't read my mouse.

What's going on?

2. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Be very careful installing the Logitech mouse drivers. I bought a VX Nano mouse for my Intel MacBook Pro and got TWO kernel panics within hours after loading the drivers. After a quick Google search, I found out that this isn't uncommon (I had the latest drivers from the Logitech website, BTW). I removed the drivers and loaded "SteerMouse" and everything worked fine.

I'd recommend skipping the Logitech driver headaches and going straight to SteerMouse (google it - it comes right up).

Good luck!

3. sepandee thread starter macrumors regular

yes I had steermouse, but only the trial version. I'm not going pay $20 on top of the $60 mouse that I bought.

And I've read a lot about the kernel panics when the driver is installed, which I think is a fixed issue now. BUt I never read anything about kernel panics after uninstallation.

4. john2006wright macrumors regular

I boufht a logitech VX a month ago and when I installed the logitech software it also said "no logitech device found". I unistalled this and downloaded the free version of steermouse and was able to program all the buttons with no problems.

5. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I totally agree on the $20 price of steermouse - I actually returned the VX nano vs. paying ANOTHER $20.

I'm not sure about the panics being "resolved" - like I said, I used the latest and greatest drivers and experienced my first panics ever. They did, however, stop happening once I removed the logitech stuff (which BTW - installed Application Enhancer which has been known to cause issues...)

6. sepandee thread starter macrumors regular

But of course, that's the reason why i get the "no logitech device found" message. I have both steermouse (expired) and the logitech driver installed, and it can only read one of them. And yes, uninstalling steermouse confirms this. Now i hav ethe logitech driver. So far no kernal panics, but i heard they mostly appear when you try to turn your laptop back on from sleep with the mouse.

7. sepandee thread starter macrumors regular

The FREE version of steermouse? can I ask where you got this version from?

8. john2006wright macrumors regular

sorry i just meant the trial version.