No long lines tomorrow !!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AzWildcat, Jun 18, 2009.

1. AzWildcat macrumors member

If you have reserved your phone, you should expect an email from apple stating that you can go and pick it up anytime tomorrow

2. The General macrumors 601

And the time at which I want to pick it up is ASAP, which means I'll have to get in line.

3. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

lol.

Just because you went through the pre authorization process does not mean you will get one for sure.

You still have to stand in the same line as everyone else and it is a first come first serve basis.

4. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Yep two lines :)
    I went to ATT and just by my last name said my phone is tagged for me.Love it

5. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

No. Reserved iPhones are Reserved. In fact, AT&T is sending an e-mail saying you have 7 days to pick up your reserved phone from them.

6. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Wot?

The "reservation" idea means Apple gets those units plus whatever else they will add to that store's inventory.

It's rainy, wet and barely over 60 here in NYC. And no need to wait in lines for this launch.

Everyone will be fine but I can see AT&T will their usual lack of inventory. Apple never seems to give them much at launch.

Since AT&T is right near me I will try them first though.

7. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Wrong. This guy got an email from APPLE which is the email you get when you go through the pre authorization on apple.com. he does not mean the AT&T reservations. I know those are reserved.

8. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

You'll have to hurry up and wait to get helped for your preorder.

9. davidlw macrumors 6502a

A rainy wet 60 degree day would be great to stand in line from where I am from. It is 98 degrees and blazing here in Louisiana. Which line would you want.

10. K3mp macrumors 6502

That is why I got mine shipped to my house. Are you going to the store in BR or Lakeside? The mall should not be that bad.

11. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I am hoping there are not long lines at my AT&T to pick-up the pre-order. I assume not because there is an Apple store 100 yards away. If I had not pre-ordered, I'd be waiting at Apple because they normally have more stock.

12. jaltamirano macrumors regular

expect to wait in line buddy.. apple will have lines for walk-in and pre-ordered... first come first serve.. you shouldve pre-ordered at the AT&T store or shipped it at your house

13. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

Last year the Apple store I went to didnt run out all day. I got there at 11am and there were probably 200 people in line. My friend went at 6pm and they still had phones.

I do not expect the lines to be as long as last year and hopefully in a year Apple and AT&T figured out how to create a better process!

14. TapOut macrumors regular

TapOut

yeah APPLE's pre orders are on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis...

ATT pre orders you are guaranteed to get your phone

in this situation ATT is the better option hands down

15. levpa05 macrumors member

Reserved

If you reserved it through AT&T you will get it at the AT&T store. They are setting up two lines, reserved and purchase. These lines I am told will combine at a certain hr. like normal opening hrs. since they are opening a couple hrs early for the launch. If you reserved from Apple, I am not sure how you did that as all I have seen is the option to Purchase from them, unless you went to an Apple Store, then you are reserving it through them and need to go to the Apple store. Which these are never that organized but I believe they have mentioned the same of having two lines (reserved and purchase).

16. ryvetted macrumors member

I'm waiting in line at 5:30 a.m. even though I got this about 10 minutes ago. I cut off the bottom of the image, it still says no guarantee.
    [​IMG]

17. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Damn my Best Buy Mobile just called and told me they didn't receive the iPhone shipment today and won't be getting them until after 12:00p.m tomorrow.

18. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

Funny, I called my local Apple store. They were very helpful. They will have 2 lines, one for reserved and one for not. They also confirmed that if I reserved a phone it will be held for me for at least tomorrow. So umm yeah I guess I am just as guaranteed to get my phone as some one who pre ordered.

Nothing is really 100% for sure when it comes to material stuff :)

19. clcnyc macrumors regular

clcnyc

Phone message

I just received an email reminder and a voicemail from the Apple Store confirming my reservation, so it seems like a good chance to me!

20. dagomike macrumors 65816

*Your reservation is valid until close of business on Friday, June 19, 2009. Reservation does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

21. AzWildcat thread starter macrumors member

I was going to put up my email as well. What is the preoccupation with first come first serve ? The emails clearly say that you can go in any time and pick it up.

22. sms0217ny macrumors regular

I have a feeling that the reserved line at the ATT stores will be longer than the walk-in line. I just stopped by a local ATT store here in nyc and they said that they don't anticipate running low on inventory because they have at least a couple of hundred pre-orders that are shipping in specifically for people. I'm hoping that, combined with continued rainy weather in nyc will make for a less painful experience than last year

23. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I don't have a phone reserved. I am just going to walk into my local Apple Store on Saturday and if they have them in stock, great. If not, I'll try Wal Mart or AT&T. There are a lot of choices. I am not really worried about it.

24. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Because it goes without saying that this will be hot. It doesn't bode well for a manufacture/retailer to say "Your iPhone is guaranteed all day.*"

* BUT THE LINES ARE GONNA BE R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S if you aren't in line by the time you got this e-mail YOU AINT GETTIN' 1 HAHAHAHA! LOL TOOO BAD

But maybe i'm wrong.

Also, of course the pick up line is going to be longer than the walk up line, but it doesn't matter because the walk up line is going to be moved to the BACK of the pickup line. So there are alot of different metrics to consider. As a note i'll mention that I actually preoreded two iPhones when I only needed one and they called me up today to ask if I needed two. I told them no and they said they will return the other one to stock, (so someone out there will score a 16 gig black thanks to me). So take the fact that they have sufficient pre order stock, plus an undisclosed quantity for walk ins who knows. I do know that If they run out of walk in quantities and customers are there with cash in hand they will start picking from the reserve pile. Can't turn customers away when you have stock 'set aside' but unpaid for.

25. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

Do people really need these phones that badly?! I hate waiting in lines. If I don't have any luck this weekend, I'll just go on some weeknight when it is dead at my local Apple Store. I don't need this phone that bad lol