No longer able to access Marketplace forum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by bmacir, Jun 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bmacir macrumors 6502

I can no longer access the Marketplace forum. I sold and bought quite a few times on the forum.

I checked the forum rules but I don't seem to find any change that would justify my exclusion.

I can see the "Marketplace" thread in the forums section, I have access to the link but have access only to the sticky threads, I don't see any user created thread and the following is displayed: "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)"

Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
    bmacir

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

The marketplace was divided up. You can no longer post in the highest level. You have to post in the appropriate subforum.

3. bmacir thread starter macrumors 6502

:oops: Oops! I didn't see that. Thanks a lot!

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Really?

I hadn't noticed; must take a look to see what has happened as I haven't paid a visit to the Marketplace forum in ages.

When did this happen? And how is it divided up?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It came up in a discussion about the MP bump rule. With everything in one forum, member's sale threads tended to drift off the first page fairly quickly. So having subforums cuts down on the number of threads posted in each section, and keeps your sale visible on the first page longer, mitigating the need to bump.

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Thanks very much for your explanation and I must say that this does make a lot of sense.

Hadn't realised that some of the 'for sale' threads slipped down the page so quickly, but, it is a part of the forum I don't frequent all that often.