No longer able to control iTunes when minimised

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by punkromance, Aug 29, 2011.

1. punkromance macrumors member

Not sure whether the functionality has been lost by switching to Lion, or by genius developers simply dropping it in iTunes 10.4(.1?), but now when iTunes is minimised and still the active program you can no longer control the music with the keyboard commands.

I'm running an old '07 MBP so I don't have previous, play/pause and next as function buttons up top, I always used Spacebar, Enter, and the left/right arrows. Now it will only recognise them if iTunes is maximised and it's doing my head in.

Anyone know of a keyboard based work around, or maybe whether they dropped it in 10.4 or 10.4.1 as for now I could just downgrade.

I'm aware I could configure a more complicated command like cmd+* but, I want the simplicity of just being able to hit space rather than messing around with combinations.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Same behaviour here, but I'd put it down as a bug because the menus still list the shortcuts when iTunes is minimised and active. Of course, that doesn't help you, but at least you know that it's not just your computer.