Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flatfoot75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hey all,
I have search this forum and the web for my answer with no luck. I have a 2007 15" Macbook Pro which has work flawlessly up until now. Yesterday, when I was done using my computer I put it in sleep mode as I usually do. When I went to use it today, I noticed I am no longer able to scroll down on anything using the 2 finger scroll on my trackpad as I usually do. I have since shut down and restarted my computer twice which did not fix the issue. Does anyone know why I can no longer scroll? or how I can fix it? I haven't downloaded any apps or anything recently that would affect this.
Thanks!

forcefieldkid

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2010
Check your trackpad options (in System Preferences) and make sure the gestures are ticked

Picture 2.jpg

Flatfoot75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hey force. I went to my trackpad under system options and came up with the screen you displayed, however, I don't even have the option for 2 finger scrolling or horizontal scrolling under the trackpad gestures. Under my trackpad gestures, the only options I have is clicking and dragging. I believe (99% positive) that the other options were there before.

forcefieldkid

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2010
Hmm, thats strange! Have you tried repairing the disk permissions and then restarting? The only other thing that I can think would be recommended is trashing the system preferences .plist file and restarting, but I've never done that before, hopefully someone can shed some light on it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.