No longer able to sync music to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by groovegans, Oct 26, 2011.

1. groovegans macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just switched from my old iMac to a new PC and I'm having some difficulty getting my iphone to sync properly with my itunes music collection.

I have connected my iphone to my new pc and updated to iOS 5. Then, since itunes didnt realize that the music that was in my library (which i copied from my old imac to my new PC) was the same as on the iphone, it wanted to double the amount of music on my phone, which obviously didnt work in terms of storage space.

So then I erased all data from my iphone and used the backup from itunes to restore my iphone's data. Now everything is back to normal except for my music. I sorted it all out in iTunes and the phone is completely empty (no music on it at least, some 27gb empty space) However, whatever I do in iTunes, I cannot get the music onto the phone, it just starts synching contacts and apps and then is done in like 10secs, without syncing any music.

What am I doing wrong here? Do i need to format my iphone differently now that I'm using it under windows?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

You do have "Sync Music" checked, right? And if you've selected "Sync only checked songs" you've also checked all the music you want to go over? Is "Manually manage music and videos" checked?

Basically, from you you describe it should work, please give more info as to the settings/choices in the various areas.