No longer developer account after beta 2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cvbcbcmv, Dec 13, 2013.

1. cvbcbcmv macrumors newbie

Hi, I was running the iOS 7.1 beta 1 just fine since it came out. I have a developer UDID from one of the third party services that does it. Today, when I installed beta 2, it wouldn't let me get in and gave me the message saying it's not a developer device. I can downgrade, and it's not terrible, but I have A LOT of stuff and starting from scratch would suck since 7.1 backups don't work with 7.0. What should I do? I tried buying another UDID activation from these services, it didn't work. Even manually installing beta 1 keeps failing. Thank you!

2. Drich290195 macrumors 6502

Drich290195

Most likely either the developers account you were registered on closed or you were removed from it some time ago , you just didn't notice because of the loop hole where devices didn't need to be registered. Now that Apple have re introduced the check it is bit able to see you as registered.

3. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Read the iOS7 specific forum, plenty of info there...

4. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Go to the ios 7 forum, I wrote a "how to restore a ios 7.1 backup onto ios 7.0.4" thread.

5. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Selling the UUID registrations isn't legal according to Apple's developer TOS. The only way to legally get the iOS beta is to register a $99 a year iOS developer account to register your own device and download the beta. You can also register up to 100 devices to install the beta on.