No longer getting PayPal notifications on iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Rufuss Sewell, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Rufuss Sewell macrumors 6502

Since upgrading to the iPhone 6 plus and iOS 8 I'm no longer getting PayPal notifications.

I've deleted and redownloaded the PayPal app and double checked that it's set up in the Notification Crnter with alerts and push notifications.

Is anyone else having issues with PayPal notifications? I earn a living with PayPal so it's pretty important for me to know when sales come in.

2. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure. Send me $50 to test...

Kidding of course. No issues for me.

3. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

4. Rufuss Sewell thread starter macrumors 6502

So weird. I wonder what the issue could be. My old 4S still gets the notifications.

5. milenadimova macrumors newbie

6. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I used to get PayPal notifications when I bought something and I haven't got those in awhile now.

7. Rufuss Sewell thread starter macrumors 6502

I updated to ios 8.1.1 in hopes of fixing this. No luck.

I also updated my 4S and it still gets the correct notifications.

So the only difference now is the 6 Plus. I get Scrabble and Facebook notifications just fine, but never PayPal.

I found a support thread with lots of other people not getting notifications. What worked for them was:

Deleting the app
    Rebooting
    Changing the date a day ahead
    Rebooting
    Downloading app again

It did ask if I wanted notifications, but still nothing. Meanwhile my 4S is lighting up constantly from our holliday sale.

Totally bummed.

8. SnowDX macrumors 6502

8.1.1 seems to have fixed it for me as I've been getting notifications of all the payments I've made over the last several days.

9. acblue94 macrumors regular

acblue94

I remember getting the cash register cha ching sound when a payment was made. Now I get the tri tone imessage alert on paypal. Ive also sent paypal an email on this.

10. macbookprodad macrumors member

macbookprodad

Same issue here, I am surprised that I am no longer getting any Paypal notification

11. Rufuss Sewell thread starter macrumors 6502

A month later and still no luck.

Here's another thread with some people having the same issue.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...-t-be-enabled-in-iOS-app-in-iOS-8/td-p/915504

----------

Another thing. In the app: Settings>Notifications>In-store Payments>Update Your Phone Settings: Push Notifications says OFF. I can click the info link and it gives instructions on how to turn them on in the notification center. Of course they are on in Notification Center so I'm at a loss.

Also in Settings>Notifications>Account: There is a switch to turn on all notifications. I do this and 4 other options but as soon as I leave that page they are turned off again.

12. max64 macrumors newbie

I had the exact same problem. I would get PP notifications on my IPhone 5 but nothing on my 6+. It drove me nuts as I also rely on PP for my business. I got it resolved by changing the DNS settings in my wi-fi settings on my iPhone to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 These are Google's public DNS servers. I have no clue as to why but it did the trick and my PP notifications have been working again since.